Service and Support

This is the place to discuss the ‘dating game‘ or ‘dating reality", falling in love the second time again, what ‘romance" means to you and why some great friendships never meant to be a ‘relationship".

Postby Cesles » 02.01.2012, 17:41

Can we still be sexy after 55 ? Or does society look at us and think....GIVE IT UP Grandma. I still like to wear make-up, jewelery and sexy clothes. Does that make me an oddity because i'm 56? What do you think ?? Do people look at me and judge me ?? My motto is live and let live but I realise that most people tend to judge a book by its cover so...........
Cesles

Postby fionam » 02.01.2012, 18:58

I think that sexyness comes from within but as we get older we need to dress  more appropriately to convey that sexyness ?  I think for mature women more is less. Mutton dressed up as lamb etc. And yes people do judge books by their covers- human nature and conditioning.  :P
fionam

Postby RosesLady » 03.01.2012, 0:11

Of course we can be sexy after 55!!!

And as for what 'society' might think???? Pppffftttttt...... :lol:

Sexiness is NOT clothes though. If you want to dress in sexy clothes a 20 or 30 year old would wear, personaly I think you will just look silly. It isn't about how much skin or cleavage you show, that attracts a man. One of the things we older ladies have reached is an ability to look elegant that the younger women rarely attain.

Fiona is right, sexiness comes from within........it isn't the outside package. It is an attitude. It is the atmosphere of mystery and delight, that our experience and knowledge has attained. Younger women do not have that. Why do you think Cougars and Jaguars are so popular now???

Lets hear it from the men.........??? In what way does an older woman attract you sexually???
RosesLady

Postby fionam » 03.01.2012, 0:29

Roseslady knows her stuff!!
fionam

Postby Cesles » 03.01.2012, 3:08

I don't dress in short mini skirts etc. ( my thighs aren't that great) but if I have a dress that shows a bit of cleavage i'm not scared to show it..... It's just that I find that alot of woman over 50 seem to become NUNS. I know that alot of people seem to think that it isn't right for someone over a certain age to do so. I may be older but i'm not dead. It isn't because we're elder than most that sexually goes out the window. Thats just my opinion...............
Cesles

Postby RosesLady » 03.01.2012, 4:31

Well that is ok, Cesles......we just see things differently, is all.......... Maybe we each attract different KINDS of men???

Come on guys!!!! We are waiting for YOUR input/thoughts here??? What attracts YOU MEN????
Cesles and I, could both be wrong..............in which case, we need to know from the sourse!!!

Come on guys.....it is a New Year......never mind being shy or bashful......we WANT to know what men THINK!!!!!
RosesLady

Postby Cesles » 03.01.2012, 5:41

Lets hear it from the men.........??? In what way does an older woman attract you sexually???

YES COME ON GUYS.....GIVE US SOME INPUT....
Cesles

Postby Graham1 » 03.01.2012, 12:12

Well, Ive never been one to duck a challenge so here goes!
Firstly I think that different men are attracted to different attributes of a woman, whatever age.
I agree that sexual attaction comes from within, in that if a woman feels sexy she has an aura which is attractive to men. Also while I believe many men like to look at slim models with hourglass figures, this is just a fantasy and they would really prefer a real woman who can be herself. A positive attitude is also more attractive than a negative one as negativity can wear people down to a point where they lose interest.
Please tell me what you think
Graham1
Administrator

Postby stardaisy » 03.01.2012, 17:51

Sexy is class either way, figure sexy or behavior sexy. We can think that we are sexy or we can look sexy.
Now, I have heard men say that a woman is sexy only by the way she talk and also heard men say that woman are sexy by how she look or dress.

We could be in jogging pants and wear a baseball cap and men can say we are sexy, figure that one out?

Men could also say are we sexy at 55?

I think it depends on how we see things in society today at any age, and what class we put ourselves in, low class, middle class and high class. Depends on where you feel comfortable?
stardaisy

Postby samac7 » 03.01.2012, 20:53

All have valid points , I don't think a little cleavage is out of line :) , but everything in moderation!   I agree roseslady, its mainly in the presence  and attitude that makes one perceived to be " sexy "  Nice input G , such a gentleman !!!   :lol:
samac7

Postby RosesLady » 04.01.2012, 5:12

"I think it depends on how we see things in society today at any age, and what class we put ourselves in, low class, middle class and high class. Depends on where you feel comfortable?"

Starkitkat, I'm sorry I just don't understand what you mean here??? Lower class, middle class and high/upper class has to do with how much money you make, or have. Are you saying that the more money a woman has, the more sexy she is??? I need clarification, I just don't understand your point with this sentence??

Graham, good for you for not being afraid to post your thoughts!!! An aura of sexuality........I like that, that is a good way to describe it.

Come on guys!!! We need more guy comments!!! Curious minds need to know......
RosesLady

Postby Graham1 » 04.01.2012, 18:15

RosesLady wrote:"I think it depends on how we see things in society today at any age, and what class we put ourselves in, low class, middle class and high class. Depends on where you feel comfortable?"

Starkitkat, I'm sorry I just don't understand what you mean here??? Lower class, middle class and high/upper class has to do with how much money you make, or have. Are you saying that the more money a woman has, the more sexy she is??? I need clarification, I just don't understand your point with this sentence??

Graham, good for you for not being afraid to post your thoughts!!! An aura of sexuality........I like that, that is a good way to describe it.

Come on guys!!! We need more guy comments!!! Curious minds need to know......

i agree that it shouldnt matter what class you perceive yourself or others to belong to although I think that class is seen as more related to breeding rather than money. I dont put myself in any class and I dont really recognise others as belonging to any particular class either. We are all humans and sexuality and attractiveness is simply a man/woman thing, although I feel that more women than men are prepared to discuss it, as is shown in this forum! Pity!
Graham1
Administrator

Postby wolfie13 » 06.01.2012, 17:37

WELL.... from a humble Yorkshireman, what do i like in a lady, and what do i find sexy, attractive,
answer... Honesty, and when i see ladies over 50 doing exactly what they want to do and feeling confident doing it, i like that.
dressing up like a 20 or 30 year old doesnt do a thing for me, personally, i find the inner person very sexy, attractive, more than the outer shell.
im not saying dont wear war pai..erm make up, just dont like to see ladies cover up natural beauty, thats all !
after all, look at my mug.. how can i comment on looks lol
seriously though, it is far more attractive to see a lady being confident in herself, and not trying to impress others falsely, and thats all i have to say. please dont take any offence to my comments, its just my thoughts.. and after all, i am single lol (any logic in that last comment?)
wolfie13

Postby mellowman27 » 07.01.2012, 17:23

I find a friendly attitude and a big smile very attractive in any person. Finding positive facts around conversations. Cleanliness and care for one's-self physically and emotionally too. Some woman reading quietly at the pool looking up from the book to nod her head "hello" rather than remaining transfixed to the material she is reading. Head nods of "hello" and laughter in conversations are extremely attractive..... and smiles, smiles, smiles. I cared for a clef-pallette small cat in cuba, had no nose. Women would bring, from the eating lounge, small bits of food for her (Princess No-Nose La Porte). Conversations were very interesting and amusing, this kind of open-ness and intelligent friendliness is very attractive. Appearance has so little to do with friendliness, kindness, caring, happiness, humour, musical apreciation, joy; All these are the greatest attractions in females. Really spreading acceptance, assistance, to others is the greatest attraction in people. Consistancy, punctuality, and promise with entwined humour, laughter and forgiveness. A Christian "love one another attitude" as well as the belief WE can can improve all situations in the world by believing we can! I find women caring and sharing POSITIVELY with and for their children, intensly attractive. A woman, as a man, is tri-natured: carnal/heart/mind. Attraction can appeal to all; I prefer Heart/mind first and intense carnal freedoms laterly. :D
mellowman27

Postby newsong » 08.01.2012, 0:11

Why not? It is part of our make up in more ways than one. It really depends on how we define sexy. Maybe we define it differently as we age in the sense that we know that we cannot wear the same style of clothes as we did at 25, since they are not likely to fit. Like other aspects of aging, sexiness is in our demeanour, warmth, carriage, fitness level, confidence, health, outlook etc. It is part of the whole package. Many people who are not outwardly sexy by definition can warm our hearts and draw us toward them. There is no age limit on it. People who fall in love later in life as my father in law did at 76 with a woman who was 68 told me that it was not different than when he was younger as far as the emotions went. Sexuality is enmeshed in emotions and the mind as much, if not more so than outward appearances. Also, the sex drive naturally diminishes for most people as we age, but the need for touch, human contact and expression of love - does not. Just an opinion of course, but sort of how I see it. It is wonderful and inspirational to see older people who look fantastic, and it seems more and more people nowadays manage to achieve that.
newsong

Next

Return to Partnership & Love