As I was driving home from the mall, I noticed a car beside me waiting for the lights to change and on the car the logo read “Messy Maid”. I got to thinking, hey what a great article to talk about on 50plus. Even though the article is a Toronto based one, the concept is much the same. Does labeling influence our decisions? Are you hung up in a name? Or would you be willing to check out their reputation on a trial basis? Would be interested to hear what you have to say.

Professional Maid Cleaning Services by Messy Maid With the Corporate Office located in Toronto, Ontario,

[size=150]Messy Maid has more than 10 years of quality cleaning services' experience in the industry. MESSY MAID will arrive at your home in our smart Black and Orange uniform. Our friendly and professional cleaning housekeepers have a passion for all the maid services we provide to you. We take pride in our accomplishments. Whether it is residential cleaning, office cleaning or commercial cleaning you can rest assured that MESSY MAID will keep any business with you strictly confidential. We offer daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, seasonal or even one time services. Our exhaustive house cleaning checklist includes ALL housekeeping services from oven cleaning to garage cleaning. Our cleaning service prices are competitive in all markets. Contact us for a free estimate for your specific cost of maid service.

All of our employees are Bonded and Insured. We offer direct billing for Insurance Claims and Veteran Affairs Canada Identification Cards are accepted.

http://www.messymaid.com/about.php 
My guess would be, it is something different, more of an eye catching to get more people to notice that it is in business.

I can remember when we first got our T.V. yes it was black and white and a few shows to watch and not much commercials, then we were able to get a color T.V. and notice that more shows were programed for viewers to watch, but T.V. stations need money so more commercials. I can remember Ed Whalen use to say, next back to the news, this one time when we were warn that there will be longer commercials, so he said this one night "next is the commercials" people were complaining about it and how some were stupid, but guess what, it got people attention and they became more curious and tried it out. So I am guessing that "Messy Maid" is the same gimmick?

Ed Whalen was a sport newscast for CFCN then. which now is CTV Calgary News. He also did the sport coverage for Wrestling.
http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBios/whalen.html
So I am guessing that "Messy Maid" is the same gimmick?  

I have used Molly Maid and one of my experiences that the ladies did not like doing ovens and windows. Now that I have arthritis in my knees I certainly cannot do windows very well. I struggle to get good services.

Gimmick or no gimmick, I would try any service and if they didn't work out then I would not be quick to dial their number again. :roll:  
LOL when see "Molly Maid" it make me think of Minute Maid for some reason, so why would orange Juice be part of any maid?

Food for thought anyway.
AngelsonHigh wrote: So I am guessing that "Messy Maid" is the same gimmick?  

I have used Molly Maid and one of my experiences that the ladies did not like doing ovens and windows. Now that I have arthritis in my knees I certainly cannot do windows very well. I struggle to get good services.

Gimmick or no gimmick, I would try any service and if they didn't work out then I would not be quick to dial their number again. :roll:  

I guess when you are interviewing for services, would you inquire in what you want and if they are willing to do it? I find that those more famous service who are popular are incline to do what they want and not what the customers want.
The company who cleans my house is called "Maid in Heaven" but the woman coming is miserable as sin and ugly as dragon's mother

Mutley

LOL not much of a heaven service.
Broadcaster wrote: The company who cleans my house is called "Maid in Heaven" but the woman coming is miserable as sin and ugly as dragon's mother

Mutley

You had me laughing.. :lol: :lol: ...so it sounds like your cleaning service wasn't a match made in heaven and made a mistake sending out a woman who was miserable as sin and ugly too. Wow, you were not lucky you poor chump.  She was certainly not the right woman for the job, me thinks she was sent to the wrong cleaning agency, she would definitely fit in with The Maids from Hell."   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: