I enjoy painting, I use acrylics. I like colours, I paint flowers, animals, portraits.
I will post a few of my painting on this site. I hope to connect with some people. Have a great day to anyone reading this.
not seen you on here for ages chris moyles is off for 2 weeks
I admire you, ElliH123. I love to paint, but I find portraits hard to do. I enjoy painting nature. Although, I did do an oil painting of a house belonging to a relative of mine, which I gave to them as a gift.

I would say the best oil painting I ever made was the one I gave to my mother. The image I painted was based on one of my mother's favourite German songs. It is about a man in the 19th century, Germany, sitting with his hat and cane, dreaming underneath a Linden tree, by a well. In the background you can see old Germany with a clock tower and ladies in their long gowns walking through a gate. The painting is now hidden in my basement as my mother passed away August, 2008. I miss my mother, but I know I will see her again, some day, in heaven.

ElliH123, I can't wait to see your paintings! You have inspired me to take up my old hobbie...painting, again.
HI :D
I love to paint too and I love photographing nature 8)

ElliH123 wrote: I enjoy painting, I use acrylics. I like colours, I paint flowers, animals, portraits.
I will post a few of my painting on this site. I hope to connect with some people. Have a great day to anyone reading this.

I'm an artist also,I paint in acrylics.I have been painting for about 15yrs now.Love to see some of your work
Hi , I had just joined and then found chatroom/forum. Hopefully its not too late to reply to this thread. I am a self taught pencil artist whom considers himself to still be learning . I however will be taking painting lessons starting next week. Not sure how that will work out as I have what is known as ' essential tremors ' they tend to make some tasks either difficult or near impossible. I do have a few copies posted on webshots but not sure how to link them here.
Hi Iam an artist and do various works including photography..on an ametuer scale, I have tho been an artist all of my life and started very early doing portraits especially like using pencil and charcoal. I do abstract paintings and also a few landscapes using acrylics and watercolour
hi i have just joined the gang. im an art historian so if anyone needs some information on their fave artist im ur woman. i would also be available to meet anyone who wants to visit the dublin galleries and would like some info. would love to be able to paint, so good on u all.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am a free lance photographer, i dabble into a bit of everything, but of course the money is in the weddings. I love to do children, they are so candid

TRYING TO ADD AN IMAGE, BUT DONT KNOW HOW???? THANKS
anneelee wrote: hi i have just joined the gang. im an art historian so if anyone needs some information on their fave artist im ur woman. i would also be available to meet anyone who wants to visit the dublin galleries and would like some info. would love to be able to paint, so good on u all.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi anneelee
I would love to meet to visit galleries. I have just joined site. Am I too late 
hello anneelee I live in Clare but try to get to Dublin as much as poss. to visit the galleries. I am hoping to get into limerick art school in Sept. I will take any help I can get; also it would be nice to have to talk to on my trips. Regards Clare 1
I'm learning the skills of painting slowly but surely but the one thing that keeps me going is the wonderful people I meet at workshops or painting holidays. What fun!! I'm convinced that most budding artists are characters in their own right and having a laugh is as important as learning the skills of painting. I started with Acrylics but have recently moved to Watercolour - and am loving it! I haven't planned a painting holiday this year, went last year, it was a wonderful experience and one I would recommend especially for people on their own! I'm looking forward to being more skilled for my next painting holiday! 

Hi everyone, I am an artist also, haven't done much for a good few years not since my husband died, I make steel sculpture, printmaking, pastels,oils, and ceramics. I used to love drawing the nude at college

Anneelee, I envy you, I would loved to have studied art history, I am reading a book at the moment called 'The Hare with the amber eyes', It is fantastic and all the Artist we studied are in it and snippets of info about them, theres Voltaire an Zola who apparently went to prison. I can't put it down
.Hello:
I am Jen from Jengrabesculpture. I am a sculptor. I also paint , draw, and work ceramics

Artist Statement: I grew up in Washington DC where I was surrounded by Monumental forms created in stone and bronze. These images carried a message of powerful ideologies of equality and freedom. Works of antiquity those of Egypt, Greece, and Rome have served as an inspiration for my works in stone and bronze. I combine the use of a powerful geometric shape with a sensual human form from the natural world. I choose to work in stone and metals primarily because of a genuine need to make a record in permanent material and connect with my fellow artists of antiquity. Some well-known artists I draw inspiration from in my work include Michelangelo, Rodin, and Barbara Hepworth. Some principals I exhibit in my work are truth to the material, the use of asymmetrical balance to create more tension between the forms, and the use of proportion to designate strength and significance. I want people to arrive at their own conclusion regarding their study of each piece of art. I created these works to empower myself but I am also grateful that others find something from my creations. My creative forms, like myself, struggle for the freedom to be themselves... human and fully alive.  
That is beautiful Jen and I'm sure your inspiration comes from deep within. Can you post a pic of any of your work? Creating something is the ultimate expression of self. Hope to see you in chat again :)