So what is in your garden? I have one wildflower bed and five other flowerbeds and one herb bed, though I also grow tomato and tabasco plants with the herbs and have broccoli growing amoung the flowers. I make bread from scratch and use a powerful lot of herbs both in my breads (sourdough oregano and focaccia are the favorites around my house) and in my cooking.
Yes there are! I love gardening. I would also like to know how cherokeekitten makes her herb bread! I also make bread from scratch and love trying new recipies.
hi ,i love my little garden its a peaceful place among all the noise around me .
i love growing flowers and my sunflowers this year were beautiful .also was ablt to give some of my extra plants to my daughter for her new house .such a joy to be around nature ,only thing is with all the rain weve had the grass grows at an alarming rate !
Hi. I love gardening. But there are no pansies or marigolds here. I love things that are a little different or not very common. I found some outdoor orchids this summer at a local shop. They're not hardy in my area (zone 3) so I've brought them inside for the winter. I bought a house last fall and the yard was overgrown with weeds with a lot of deadwood in the trees and no flowers. After getting things cleaned up I started digging and planting. It may not look like it now but I have a plan. I have taken some pictures over the summer to record my progress. I'm now putting everything to bed for winter between snow storms. And over the next few months I'll be scouring the catelogs for more novelties. Happy Gardening.
Yes, I'm definitely a gardener!. I have gradually made my 1/3 acre property into an edible landscape, complete with almost anything you can think of. It's a true sanctuary.
I'm an avid gardener myself. I have about 32 rose bushes, both Hybrids and Floribundas. I also planted a carpet rose last year so it'll look better this year. I also have two Korean Dwarf Lilac bushes.

I also grow tomatoes and lettuce.

I love the summer.

Janelle
I have mostly perennial (or re-seeding annual) garden.

In my area of Canada, Southern Alberta, the weather is dry, windy, and shifts 20C (38F) in an hour.

This spring has been mild, and the scilla are blooming (small purple early flowers) in the sunny part of the backyard. The dirt on the shady side of the backyard is rock hard.

Henry
I too love to grow things but don't have a place to do so at this time so I get my fix from doing landscape maintenance for other people.
I live just west of Toronto, Ontario and find that the winter was extremely mild with hardly any snow this past season. For the Easter weekend, it'll be very warm: 24C.

My roses have buds on them and starting to leaf which isn't a good sign since I'll have to prune them back a little next month which is the norm.

In any event, I'm so looking forward to gardening.
cherokeekitten wrote: So what is in your garden? I have one wildflower bed and five other flowerbeds and one herb bed, though I also grow tomato and tabasco plants with the herbs and have broccoli growing amoung the flowers. I make bread from scratch and use a powerful lot of herbs both in my breads (sourdough oregano and focaccia are the favorites around my house) and in my cooking.

I love gardening, I also have one wildflower bed that I put seeds in.

I grow beefsteak tomatoes for toasted tomato sandwiches in a container as they are the sweetest.

My 2 gardens are filled with perennials, and I buy pansies for a container that sits on my porch for springtime colour..

I also have 4 small shrubs out front and a hosta garden with red multch around a tree.
i love my garden i have kinds flowers i could spend hours in it when the weather is nice i find it very reglaxing
What's in my garden...well right now it's a mess..as I have just moved to a new area..the former renters didn't care about gardens.So , I'm looking at a old ,rusty swing set ,nasty sandbox and black berry bushes..The land is not in great shape .
So,I'm thinking to dig up the sandbox ..plant sunflowers in place of the sand..till up the other half of the ground and plant a small veg garden..buy pansies for a container that sits on my patio..such a joy to be around nature, enjoy being outside this yr..as I now have a place to care for and I don't mind getting some dirt under my fingernails..Well all your gardeners have a great season..
my crocus's are well into bloom, and some bulbs I planted last fall, a lot of my perennials are coming up nicely as well.

tulips and daffodils as well.

what's coming up in your area?
I enjoy gardening.
I'm still in the process of cleaning the back yard up for the year. I have 3 raised beds and one long stretch along the fence that is not raised. I have a couple of dahlias still not quite blooming yet. I'm picking the last of my three tomato plants tomorrow as it's suppose to rain the rest of the week. There's a few ripe ones but will I'll pick all the remaining green ones now as well.
I usually grow about three pole beans. also some carrots in with the flowers.
I just picked a bunch of dried pods off of some wild sweet peas that were growing along the river. I'm going to try planting them in the spring and see what happens.
I have quite a few rhodedenruns. One of which I just finished sawing off some branches as they were pushing against the fence. I still have the pile of branches to get rid of.
I would have liked to have been able to mow the lawns one more time. They look pretty grubby looking, but the mower packed it in. Wouldn't yah know it! I think tomorrow is going to be the last dry day we get for a while by the looks of it.
Gardening is my favorite hobby and most of the time i spend in the garden, I enjoy gardening and there is a small pond and planting flowers a more diverse and I like artificial hedges. Hedge also there.
and I have also in my backyard garden
This is my strategy to improve the soil for blueberries:
Add aluminum sulfate and bone meal into the soil before planting. Aluminum sulfate is a common soil acidifier frequently used to change the color of hydrangea flowers. Bone meal is high in phosphorus which is good for the promotion of the roots. I want that cranberries have a large root system to start.
Add organic matter to soil in the area. I'll scratch in regular compost to topsoil and allow the nutrients absorbed into the root system. Work in compost
Water regularly with diluted coffee. There is almost always some coffee at the end of the jar when we're done with the morning coffee. Unless, of course, one of the boys kept us up in which case it would be seriously considering preparing a second pot of coffee just for the day. Diluted coffee is low in nitrogen and is slightly acidic. I will also integrate coffee grounds around the base of each plant in a semi-regular basis to improve soil organic matter and improve the acidity.
Mulch well! Blueberries need moisture and a good organic compost and pine needles is perfect. They slightly (a little) to acidify the soil over time, allow the water to go to the roots, and the shadow of the earth to keep root systems cool and moist. Blueberries, as the humidity!