I am self taught , but must tell you at the age of 50, learning the programs used for this particular art form was a blood an tears proposition lol... But after 5 yrs , I think if my count is correct, I have completed somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 thousand works. I have my favorites . I have some I have wanted to delete completely from my files . 

But they serve a purpose. To help me learn where I went wrong and what NOT to do any longer. I would love to know if anyone else has any Gimp or Photoshop experience and what they do with it ...

Thanks Everyone~ 
OMG I am a professional and want to dislike you but I don't and I'm curious!
HarlieJo wrote: I am self taught , but must tell you at the age of 50, learning the programs used for this particular art form was a blood an tears proposition lol... But after 5 yrs , I think if my count is correct, I have completed somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 thousand works. I have my favorites . I have some I have wanted to delete completely from my files . 

But they serve a purpose. To help me learn where I went wrong and what NOT to do any longer. I would love to know if anyone else has any Gimp or Photoshop experience and what they do with it ...

Thanks Everyone~ 

I am self taught and used paint shop pro. Which program did you use?
I am an artist, just learning graphic programs and such. I work with pen and pencil and then alter them and put them together with graphic programs. Congrats on being self taught. What programs do you use the most? What lead you in to this field? Do you have any shows around?
Greenedragon wrote: I am an artist, just learning graphic programs and such. I work with pen and pencil and then alter them and put them together with graphic programs. Congrats on being self taught. What programs do you use the most? What lead you in to this field? Do you have any shows around?

Graphic programs? Which one do you use?