Fish in Wine Sauce

1 ½ pds. Fish filets (white flakey fish is my favorite to use)
1 cup white wine
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
12 large mushrooms sliced
¼ cup butter or margarine (prefer unsalted butter)
2 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp chopped parsley
¾ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper (fresh ground is good)

Poach fish in wine and lemon juice until tender.
Saute mushrooms in butter.
Remove fish to warm platter and keep warm while making sauce.
Heat wine in which the fish was cooked to boiling and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
Beat egg yolks and add cream. Pour wine over mixture stirring constantly.
Add remaining butter, mushrooms, and parsley, salt and pepper.
Pour over hot fish and serve immediately.
(This is good if you add capers also but be very lenient when adding them as they will overtake the flavor of the sauce)
This is one of my favorite recipes.

Osso Buco

Serves 4 to 8

INGREDIENTS

8 to 10 large 2 1/2-inch-thick veal shanks, each patted dry and tied securely with kitchen string to keep the meat attached to the bone
all-purpose flour for dredging the veal shanks
7 tablespoons unsalted butter plus additional if necessary
3 tablespoons olive oil plus additional if necessary
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
3/4 cup finely chopped carrots
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 to 4 cups chicken broth or beef broth
1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomato or 1 1/2 cups drained canned plum tomatoes, chopped
a cheesecloth bag containing 6 fresh parsley sprigs, 4 fresh thyme sprigs, and 1 bay leaf 1/2 teaspoon salt

For the gremolata 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves (preferably flat-leafed) 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest 1 tablespoon minced garlic

PREPARATION

Season the veal shanks with salt and pepper and dredge them in the flour, shaking off the excess. In a heavy skillet heat 3 tablespoons of the butter and 3 tablespoons of the oil over moderately high heat until the foam subsides, in the fat brown the veal shanks in batches, adding some of the additional butter and oil as necessary and transferring the shanks as they are browned to a platter. Add the wine to the skillet, boil the mixture, scraping up the brown bits clinging to the bottom and sides of the skillet, until the liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, and reserve the wine mixture in a small bowl. In a flameproof casserole just large enough to hold the veal shanks in one layer cook the onion, the carrots, the celery, and the garlic in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and add the shanks with any juices that have accumulated on the platter, the reserved wine mixture, and enough of the broth to almost cover the shanks. Spread the tomatoes over the shanks, add the cheesecloth bag, the salt, and pepper to taste, and bring the liquid to a simmer over moderately high heat. Braise the mixture, covered, in the middle of a preheated 325°F. oven for 2 hours, or until the veal is tender. Transfer the shanks with a slotted spoon to an ovenproof serving dish, discard the strings, and keep the shanks warm. Strain the pan juices into a saucepan, pressing hard on the solids, and skim the fat. Boil the juices for 15 minutes, or until they are reduced to about 3 cups, baste the shanks with some of the reduced juices, and bake them, basting them 3 or 4 times with some of the remaining juices, for 10 minutes more, or until they are glazed. Make the gremolata while the veal is baking: In a bowl stir together the parsley, the zest, and the garlic. Sprinkle the veal shanks with the gremolata, pour some of the juices around them, and serve the remaining juices separately. 
My Easter Dinner tomorrow. I serve them with mashed potatoes and haricot vert. Even my friends who didn't think they would like lamb love these. It is really important with lamb chops not to overcook. Medium rare is the optimum temp.

Rosemary and Garlic Lamb Chops 

Serves 6

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
18 small lamb rib chop
 3 tablespoons olive oil
 Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)

PREPARATION Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl. Rub about 1/4 teaspoon mixture over each side of each chop. Sprinkle chops with salt; place on plate. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add 9 chops to skillet; cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to platter; cover with foil. Repeat with remaining oil and chops. Garnish platter with rosemary sprigs, if desired. 
4   to  8  U say Miz,
That's about me, mentally i mean,
but i have to miss this one, anyway i dont even have a pot,
nor do i know how to cook, or want too either, 
So when ur cooking, count me in as a 6. 
Scrum, that is servings size not iq or age lol 
Thyme cod (Quick and easy recipe but you do need thyme! :lol: )

Ingredients:-
1 cod fillet per person (or other fish of your choice)
small tin chopped tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
Thyme
Soy sauce

Cook onion in a little olive oil in a large frying pan until softened
Add tomatoes, a sprinkling of thyme and some soy sauce
Heat until starting to bubble then make spaces for the fish in the tomato mixture, cover pan and simmer for about 10 minutes
Serve with the potato of your choice or rice
Ive loads time, but why only 1 of everything, Gr,
Gawd, Ur a greedy git, bet U only bought 1 easter egg ,
What bout D rest of us,
Happy Easter All. 

Eng did well last nt Gr,
I watched a local derby rugby game, it was great stuff. 
rural_okie_man wrote: Hi everyone.
I am thinking about doing a cookbook online and making it available to everyone. (If I can find a website that doesnt want to charge me an arm and a leg)
There are some good cooks in here and I have had the opportunity to talk to a few. I am throwing out this idea about a cookbook and would appreciate some feedback from fellow members. The recipes can be old home recipes or favorites that you personally like.
Please feel free to contact me on here and I will give you an email if your interested.
Thanks for your consideration on this.
God bless and have a good day.
Robert 

I have an answer for you, Busy today, will get back 
This is one of my favorite comfort foods besides homemade mac and cheese or some other pasta. 

Southern Style Cabbage Rolls

INGREDIENTS:

For 12 cabbage rolls

1 lb ground beef
1⁄4 cup raw long grain rice
1 egg, beaten
1 onion, grated
1 carrot, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
6 slices bacon, minced
12 wilted cabbage leaves, thick veins trimmed to thin

FOR SAUCE
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup lemon juice
1 cup tomato sauce 

DIRECTIONS:

Mix together meat, rice, egg, onion, carrot, salt, pepper and bacon. Spoon mixture into the center of each of the 12 cabbage leaves. Roll up, tucking in sides to completely enfold meat. Place folded side down in a greased baking dish. Mix together brown sugar, lemon juice and tomato sauce. Pour over rolls, cover tightly and bake at 375°F for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer. 

someone, asked about a online cookbook

Create My cookbook very good. it free and easy to use. 
I am personal use this Createmycookbook very happy with it. I am also, adding Food pictures which I have taken. I make the recipe, (test) and take pictures, upload to the cookbook. 
ebonnie wrote:
rural_okie_man wrote: Hi everyone.
I am thinking about doing a cookbook online and making it available to everyone. (If I can find a website that doesnt want to charge me an arm and a leg)
There are some good cooks in here and I have had the opportunity to talk to a few. I am throwing out this idea about a cookbook and would appreciate some feedback from fellow members. The recipes can be old home recipes or favorites that you personally like.
Please feel free to contact me on here and I will give you an email if your interested.
Thanks for your consideration on this.
God bless and have a good day.
Robert 

I have an answer for you, Busy today, will get back 

robert: see my reply - Create my cookbook - which i am using
Wow ebonnie...thanks! I had never heard of this.
  :D
This is a different kind of chocolate cake. It is a hot water cake. 

In a mixer bowl combine half cup of olive oil, two eggs and a cup of water or milk. In another bowl combine 2 cups of flour, two cups of white sugar, three quarters of a cup of cocoa. two tsp, soda, one tsp baking powder, salt if you must. Mix the two then add one cup of very hot black coffee slowly. You might want to mix it in by hand to avoid splashing. Add enough flour to make a thin batter like for pancakes. About a cup. 
Makes two 9 inch round pans. 350 for about 30 minutes or till done. Because of the hot coffee it bakes fast.  
hope this one is acceptable

HOT WATER GINGER CAKE

2 1/2 c. sifted flour
3/4 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. sugar
1 c.Molasses
1 egg, unbeaten
1 c. boiling water

Sift together first seven ingredients. Cream together shortening and sugar. Add molasses and mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup sifted dry ingredients. Beat in egg. Add the remaining dry ingredients, alternately with hot water. Beat 1/2 minute. Pour batter into a well greased and lightly floured 8x10x2 inch pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes in a moderate oven 350 degrees).

OLD FASHIONED BROWN SUGAR ICING

1/3 c. butter
1/4 c. milk or cream
1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
2 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine in heavy 2 quart saucepan, butter, milk and brown sugar. Stir constantly over low heat. Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes. Set off heat and let cool until you can hold your hand comfortably on bottom of pan. Then add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, stirring in each one until smooth. Add vanilla and beat until creamy. IF it is too thick for spreading easily, add about 1/2 tablespoon milk at a time until spreadable. This is enough to frost a 9"x13" loaf cake generously.
Hi everyone. Im finally semi settled in from the move.
Thank you all for the patience and the recipes I truly appreciate all of you.
I will start adding some recipes here shortly and as always love to see the recipes that you all add to this blog.
Thanks again all
God bless and be safe.
Robert