Hi everyone.
I am thinking about doing a cookbook online and making it available to everyone. (If I can find a website that doesnt want to charge me an arm and a leg)
There are some good cooks in here and I have had the opportunity to talk to a few. I am throwing out this idea about a cookbook and would appreciate some feedback from fellow members. The recipes can be old home recipes or favorites that you personally like.
Please feel free to contact me on here and I will give you an email if your interested.
Thanks for your consideration on this.
God bless and have a good day.
Robert 
I would love to trade/share recipes. I think that is a great idea. Mine are mostly old southern recipes but I have new healthier recipes as well that are fantastic.
Good idea Robert. I cook daily from fresh ingredients and have lots of good healthy recipes I'd be happy to share
Thank you Mizvee and Graham.
I look forward to all the input and ideas and recipes. I think this will be a wonderful way to share some of the cultural differences in regions and individual tastes.
Thanks again everyone
Robert 
Here is the mahi recipe rom:

Number of Servings: 6
Ingredients * 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro * 2 tablespoon finely chopped shallots * 1/2 tablespoon olive oil * 2 teaspoon ground cumin * 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander * 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt * 1/4 teaspoon black pepper * 6 (4-ounce) salmon fillets *

Directions *Combine cilantro, shallots, oil, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring to form a paste. Place fish, skin side down, in a shallow baking dish. Coat top of fish with cilantro mixture. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour. * Preheat oven to 400°. * Arrange fish on the rack of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray, and place rack in pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with lemon wedges.

Serving Size: Make 6 Mahi-Mahi fillets  
This is the mango coconut purple sticky rice I serve with the mahi.

Ingredients Coconut Sauce: 1/2 cup light coconut milk 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt Rice: 1 cup black sticky rice 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup light coconut milk 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, divided 2 mangos, sliced into lengthwise strips

Directions Whisk 1/2 cup coconut milk, sugar, and salt together in a bowl until sugar dissolves and coconut sauce is smooth. Combine rice, water, 1/4 cup coconut milk, and 1 tablespoon shredded coconut in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Decrease heat to low and cook until rice is sticky and soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Pour 1/2 of the coconut sauce over rice; stir and fluff with a fork. Add remaining coconut sauce to rice mixture and stir well. Remove saucepan from heat and let stand until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Cook and stir remaining shredded coconut in a skillet over medium-low heat 
[b]Crockpot Balsamic Beef 

3# Beef Chuck Roast
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 cup Beef stock or broth
2/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Liquid Smoke (optional)

Put your roast in a crockpot and sprinkle with salt. In a bowl mix all the other ingredients well. I personally dont like liquid smoke but it is an option. Take your mixture and pour around your roast.
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Shred beef with a fork and return to crockpot for an additional 30 minutes.
This is good over wide egg noodles, I prefer rice with mine.
It would make a great sandwiche too if you dont want to make noodles or rice.
Hope you enjoy this easy to make meal 
Thai salmon noodles

Ingredients for 2

A salmon fillet cut into small cubes
Medium sweet potato peeled and cut into cubes
2/3 spring onions chopped
handful of coriander roughly chopped
2 teaspoons Red Thai curry paste small amount of olive oil
4 fluid ounces vegetable stock
2 fluid ounces milk
Rice noodles

In a non stick saucepan add oil and heat. Then add curry paste and stir; heat for a minute or two until you smell the fragrance.
Add the sweet potato, half the spring onions, stock and milk and stir together. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the salmon, stir and simmer for a further 3 minutes, then add half the coriander and serve.

In the meantime cook the noodles and divide between 2 bowls. Add the salmon mixture including the liquid and sprinkle with rest of spring onions and coriander.

Bon appetit!
Pacific Stir Fry ( Fusion cooking over the years)
meat..
king prawns/chicken/pork/fish..take your pick

crispy batter

2/3  cup plain four   
1/3 cup cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
milk to mix
(this is a brilliant all round batter recipe) 

pick your vegies.. all  fresh
me its..
 sugarsnap peas
 capsicians multicoloured
red onions
broccoli/carrots/spring onions/beans  

ok so make up batter,mix meat in  and heat oil in a wok..cook in batches,set aside
next par steam vegies with a little ginger in the water,set aside
decide whether you want rice(jasmine rice num num) or noodles and cook..

Then decide on sauce..
sweet chilli & coconut cream,with ground coriander & cumin is good,add a little sesame oil and fish sauce and chicken stock ,half the juice of  lemon or lime, and a dab of red/green curry paste.
right now chuck it all in the wok and heat through and serve. on the rice or noodles. 

Broccoli Stir Fry with Ginger and Sesame Recipe

1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1 Tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for gluten-free option)
1 Tbsp dark sesame oil
Peanut, canola, or grapeseed oil, or some other high smoke-point cooking oil
1 pound broccoli florets, rinsed, patted dry, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger

1 Toast the sesame seeds: Toast the sesame seeds by first heating a small, stick-free sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the sesame seeds and jiggle the pan so they spread out in a single layer.
Let them cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 2-3 minutes. Do not walk away from them while cooking, as once they start to brown they can easily burn. Once lightly toasted remove from heat and put into a small bowl.

2 Mix stock, soy sauce, sesame oil: Mix the stock, soy sauce, and dark sesame oil together in a small bowl, set aside.

3 Sauté the broccoli, garlic, ginger: Heat 1 Tbsp of peanut oil (or canola or other high smoke point oil) in a large, cover-able sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the broccoli florets, stir to coat the florets with the oil, Sauté for about a minute.Clear a space in the middle of the broccoli and add the ginger and garlic. Add a little more oil to the ginger and garlic (about a teaspoon) and sauté for half a minute, stirring just the garlic and ginger, until fragrant. Then stir the garlic and ginger in with the broccoli.

4 Add the stock soy mixture and simmer: Add the stock soy sesame oil mixture to the pan. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and cover. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, until broccoli is still firm, but can be pierced with a fork. Remove from heat.

5 Remove broccoli with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Return pan to heat, increase heat to high and boil down the liquid until just a couple tablespoons remain.
Turn off heat, return broccoli to the pan, add the toasted sesame seeds, toss with the liquid. Put into a serving bowl.
This one is  just to tease you ..
You might have trouble sourcing the taro leaves
We have a high island population here in Auckland,this is a Tongan recipe, from an old friend who is part of the Tongan royalty, you put it down in an umu (earth oven) the second tricky part :lol: ..it sounds horrible but is to die for,any foreigners I've got to taste it have to be stopped going back for more( my ex after tasting it went back and filled his plate with it (basically everyone's share and had to make him put it back) ...

Lu Sipi

you will need   :wink:
lots of taro leaves
a tin of corned beef
more taro leaves finely cut like cabbage
onions
can of coconut cream 
lay out whole leaves overlapping place ingredients in the middle,wrap up tightly place in umu  
ok how simple is that :lol:

.....remind me to tell you the love story behind this one day

You won't have to worry about dying for it jaffa cause that canned corn beef will kill you. It is very bad for your health. :D
Jaffa, 

I would like to hear the story.

V
Here is a neat little sauce you might like to try with fresh fruit this summer.
It is easy to make and has a great taste.
Orange-Fluff Sauce
1/2cup sugar                 1/8tsp salt
1/2cup frozen Orange juice thawed          2 egg yolks
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
In a sauce pan over low heat cook sugar and orange juice and salt heat until sugar dissolves and set aside. In mixing bowl with a mixer at high speed beat yolks until light and fluffy; at medium speed gradually beat in orange mixture.
Return mixture to saucepan over low heat, cook stirring constantly until the mixture is slightly thickened.
Cool. Then fold in whipped cream and refrigerate until well chilled. Serve over cut up fruit, dessert fruit salads. 
bebeth wrote: You won't have to worry about dying for it jaffa cause that canned corn beef will kill you. It is very bad for your health. :D

Can corn beef are only high in salt and cholesterol, depending on your system, can one tolerate it? I know lots of people who eat this regulary and... as the saying goes, "healthy as a horse".