SPEED OF TIME

Pubs are normally when one contemplates , specially when one has a drinking partner.

I was sitting in the pub and again first pint in front of me with Graham (not Graham from here I might add I don't think his commandments would approve of drinking with me :lol: ) during the New Year's Eve.

We both agreed that 2013 went way too fast. Then Graham said Do you remember when we were kids time went so slow? It was then that it hit me.

the 35 millimeter films were all shot at 24 frames per second so the time is constant. If you run the film in the camera fast it appears slow when running at 24 frames and vice-versa.

This means as we get older we slow down so everything around us seems to go faster. As kids we are running around fast so the time appears to drag. Wow That is all there is to it.
Broadcaster wrote: SPEED OF TIME

Pubs are normally when one contemplates , specially when one has a drinking partner.

I was sitting in the pub and again first pint in front of me with Graham (not Graham from here I might add I don't think his commandments would approve of drinking with me :lol: ) during the New Year's Eve.

We both agreed that 2013 went way too fast. Then Graham said Do you remember when we were kids time went so slow? It was then that it hit me.

the 35 millimeter films were all shot at 24 frames per second so the time is constant. If you run the film in the camera fast it appears slow when running at 24 frames and vice-versa.

This means as we get older we slow down so everything around us seems to go faster. As kids we are running around fast so the time appears to drag. Wow That is all there is to it.

Interesting but I haven't noticed it as I haven't slowed down yet! :lol: By the way I have no "commandments" and enjoy a beer or two but not good at sitting long so I would be playing darts or dancing with the ladies! :lol:
Broadcaster:
Remember when you couldn't WAIT 'til ya grew up...
So you could GO ANYWHERE...
DO ANYTHING ya wanted...
SAY ANYTHING ya wanted...
Ummm... how has that been workin' out for ya, so far???????
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! ROFLMAO!

So far (for me)... I've found that:
1) I'll NEVER be "Over the Hill" 'cuz I'm TOO DARN LAZY to CLIMB it! :)
2) I may not be able to prevent growing old... but, I can stay IMMATURE forever! :D
and finally..
3) I'm NOT "sick and twisted"! I'm just TWISTED! "Sick" gives you the impression that there's a CURE!
:shock: :lol: The door is thattaway, right? :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Take care... I'm leaving. LOL!
Graham1 wrote:
Broadcaster wrote: SPEED OF TIME

Interesting but I haven't noticed it as I haven't slowed down yet! :lol: By the way I have no "commandments" and enjoy a beer or two but not good at sitting long so I would be playing darts or dancing with the ladies! :lol:

I seem to have read in another forum a whole page of commandments, which is far longer than the ones that came down the mountain few thousand years ago. I should not be surprised as this place is full of contradictions. :lol: Oh by the way you may be lagging behind but you will get there just persevere :D
KnightHawk wrote: Broadcaster:
DO ANYTHING ya wanted...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! ROFLMAO!

2) I may not be able to prevent growing old... but, I can stay IMMATURE forever! :D
and finally..
3) I'm NOT "sick and twisted"! I'm just TWISTED! "Sick" gives you the impression that there's a CURE!

I for one........................ I am growing old disgracefully :lol:
After a Beer Festival in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

Corona's president sits down and says, "I would like the world's best beer, a Corona."
The bartender takes a bottle from the fridge and gives it to him.

Then Budweiser's president says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King
of Beers', a Budweiser."
The bartender gives him one.

The Coors' president says, "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring
water, give me a Coors."
He gets it.

The guy from Guinness sits down and says, "Give me a Coke."
The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask, "Why aren't you drinking a
Guinness?"
The Guinness president replies, "Well, if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither will I."
KnightHawk wrote: Broadcaster:
DO ANYTHING ya wanted...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! ROFLMAO!

and finally..

Very interesting.....might I  add. Have a good evening!   :)  Actually all the posts are very entertaining thank you.