Any bird watchers?

I have notice that there are a lot more Blue Jays around here, hungry for peanuts (in shell of course). They fight over it with the Squirrels.

Oh what a beautiful bird !

The only birds I see are the sparrows and Starlings that I feed in the yard - though seen a robin in few times recently :)
I very much enjoy bird watching. We have lots of cardinal couples around the property. We also have a few owls, some Hawks . Lots of finches and red robins.

Norm 8)
I too enjoy watching birds, the ones I don't fancy to much are the noisy Crows :lol: They sure can make the announcement that they are back :P Crows are migratory birds, so the squirrels, magpies and Blue Jay can have their harvest of peanuts during the winter months.

We also have Ravens which look like Crows but they fly much higher, rarely come to the city as they are more of a country bird... Hawks, Falcons, Owls, Blue Jays, and yes even Cardinals are coming here... all sorts of sparrows, Robins, Magpies, Geese, Loons....ummmm did I leave out any :lol:

I have a couple of bird feeders for any birds that like seeds and peanuts, but the Crows been taken them all so got a bin and so far only the squirrels can get them, the Blue Jays love peanunts and take them from the bird feeders.

Birds are interesting to watch, to see how calm and peaceful they are is mesmerizing
Interesting fact , I've seen bluejays eat yellow jackets as the fly out of their nest one at a time. It caught my attention and I find it fascinating.

For the record I like crows , it's a Viking and Native American folklore thing for me. We have plenty of them here.

Norm
CaptainCrunch wrote: Interesting fact , I've seen bluejays eat yellow jackets as the fly out of their nest one at a time. It caught my attention and I find it fascinating.

For the record I like crows , it's a Viking and Native American folklore thing for me. We have plenty of them here.

Norm

I will tell them that you welcome them and send them packing.. Yes plenty of them here too and a group of them make a ruckuck and you can't even hear yourself think :lol: Also, they are garbage eater, on Garbage day the streets are littered with what ever is in that garbage bag....They are to smart for their own good :wink: .