Hello
  I like playing chess and love my Yorkie.
My father thought me to play chess. But recently it is hard to find playing partner. :)
Does anyone have similar interests?
That is one game I would love to learn play 
I love to play chess, but you are to far away. :D
I have known people that have lived in different parts of the country, even in different countries that had long distance chess games. They wrote for years through the mail. Each one had the exact same chess game set up in their own home. Now that the computer age has come, and so many ways to communicate, this should be easy to do. Chess is a game that does well over long distances. I know these people had a wonderful time. Maybe it should be tried again.
Laurie
REALLY REALLY REALLY???
are you women this thick?
I can't stop laughing....

Now now, Jaffa, don't spoil the fun. Not everyone is as internet savvy as you :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK ..
OK..
Trying to catch my breathe
between laughing ...
I "taught myself chess too "
has she responded yet?
wait ..
no ..cause you aren't a rich man!!
ROFL
TheLadyL wrote: I have known people that have lived in different parts of the country, even in different countries that had long distance chess games. They wrote for years through the mail. Each one had the exact same chess game set up in their own home. Now that the computer age has come, and so many ways to communicate, this should be easy to do. Chess is a game that does well over long distances. I know these people had a wonderful time. Maybe it should be tried again.
Laurie

Yes and even computerize chess game that you can play against the computer, but I am the type of person that like to watch the opponent facial expression while playing the game, can't get that on e mails. :D It take away human contact, it is fun watching the other player thinking of what move shall they make, it priceless. :)
:lol: OK  now am confused ? if  I don't understand what going on here. I will never understand how to play chess  :lol: 
TheLadyL wrote: I have known people that have lived in different parts of the country, even in different countries that had long distance chess games. They wrote for years through the mail. Each one had the exact same chess game set up in their own home. Now that the computer age has come, and so many ways to communicate, this should be easy to do. Chess is a game that does well over long distances. I know these people had a wonderful time. Maybe it should be tried again.
Laurie

Chess over long distance would be great. However, I say don't use the computer. Bring the board game out of the closet. And got back to pen and paper. Go back to writing a bit. Face it. Everybody still gets a thrill of a letter from the post that a friend or family member sent you.........