If you've ever put pen to paper creatively then we want to know.

Poetry

Newspaper articles

Song Lyrics

Limericks (keep it clean)

Blogs etc.

Just tag on a reply.
Come on don't be shy!

I'll start.

Click to read ... The Demented Ramblings of an Elderly Gent

David
I've dabbled in poetry now for about 3 years. Here's one - rather a hard-hearted one (which is not like me at all, actually!).

(If you'd like to read any more, then you can at http://hellopoetry.com/poet/marcus-lane/poems/)

Pantomime

Don't cry, this kiss is a kiss goodbye.
Don't cling, it's time to part.
Don't look at me nor ask me why
I've taken back my heart.

No questioning, no pleading;
No door remains ajar.
No doubt your heart is bleeding,
Old wounds will leave a scar.

Don't hope to ever turn back time,
Nor resurrect the flame
Of what's become a pantomime
Of love, in all but name.

© Marcus Lane 2008

Hi Marcus,
WOW

What a collection, I haven't read them all (obviously) but will do so in the coming weeks.

You have a very creative flair.

Well Done.

Best Regards,
David
Hi All: I love words and to write on many subjects. Have done some poems started 40 years ago and started writing my autobiography 25 years ago. I am procrastinating to finish it. Even have a few publishers in mind. I have lived 67 years already and do not know what to include in the book. Any ideas from anyone in this virtual world? Chloe
Hi Chloe,

There are so many things we remember about growing up that are no longer around, it's nice to recall the good old times and keep alive things from yesteryear.

On the Dublin Forum (I live in Dublin Ireland) I have made an attempt to list things, places, people, sayings that are no longer with us.

Click Here for the Dublin Forum

David
Hi all.I'm spontaneous with my poems and have read a few really good ones here.I'll give it my best shot and see what comes off my finger tips.

Lady of passion let  free my bonded soul,
For pleasing you is my only goal,
With quivering hands and roaming lips,
The fire is freed from my fingertips.

In nocturnal dreams you seek me out 
My exploring ways make you shout,
But you think me just a sensual specter,
Never allowed to be your protector.

When you awake and find I am gone,
Which one struggles to carry on,
For which is real and which a dream,
Your heart knows when you scream.

There are more on my profile. 
This is one I wrote on facebook 
Romance whispere to her heart

Autumn is the prettiest time of life,
Changing colours and less strife,
 When beauty increases in many a maid
 And summer repeats not ready to fade.

Autumn breezes caress her soul
Seeking to make her heart whole,
 While tears gather upon her marrow,
 She seeks out a new tomorrow.

That empty hole when one's alone
 Is borne heavy as an anchor stone,
 For youth has flown forever gone,
 And eternity waits not far on.

In sleep beckons a faceless brough,
That eludes her,yet somehow,
 She feels love's tender part 
As romance whispers to her heart.

She wakes refreshed sure in mind
That someone awaits pure and kind'
To share days and nights to short,
 When bliss is freed in love's cavort
I see that most of the posting here are to do with poetry, but I wondered if anyone has ventured into the dark and mysterious world of novel-writing.

I have always yearned to become a novelist, and around five years ago I plucked up the courage to start work on a novel, the idea for which had been fermenting in my mind for some time.

During the first couple of years of writing (if not more!) I had a rude awakening to the reality that, despite what I perceived to be my skill and ability with the English language, my talents as a competent author were lacking. And so I worked at this, re-wrote the novel a number of times, and I think (and hope) that I am at a stage where the almost-completed novel might - just might - be of an acceptable standard. And I'm hoping (praying) that it might, one day, get published.

Anyone had a similar experince, or have had success at publishing?
hotnick wrote: I see that most of the posting here are to do with poetry, but I wondered if anyone has ventured into the dark and mysterious world of novel-writing.

I have always yearned to become a novelist, and around five years ago I plucked up the courage to start work on a novel, the idea for which had been fermenting in my mind for some time.

During the first couple of years of writing (if not more!) I had a rude awakening to the reality that, despite what I perceived to be my skill and ability with the English language, my talents as a competent author were lacking. And so I worked at this, re-wrote the novel a number of times, and I think (and hope) that I am at a stage where the almost-completed novel might - just might - be of an acceptable standard. And I'm hoping (praying) that it might, one day, get published.

Anyone had a similar experince, or have had success at publishing?

I have only just joined and wandering round found this particular forum. I, too, am trying my hand at a novel. Did you ever finish yours?
I wrote a book and self published last year. It's been quite a learning experience. I want to write more but so much of the time, life gets in the way.
I have been thinking a lot lately (Dangerous when I am in thinking mode)
First of all for the uninitiated Broadcaster is a person who casts broads :lol:
I thought it was time for me to write my epitaph

Broadcaster's Epitaph

If I met her on Monday
Saw her on Tuesday
Got engaged on Wednesday
Married her on Thursday
Divorced her on Friday
On Saturday I could say
I had a very full week.
Dinnertime and You

Last night
Across a dinner table
Burning eyes
Ate me

Riveted by their intensity
I could not leave.
Staring back
I knew
I feasted.
Hi Broadcaster: I was thinking.....if you had loved her on the Friday, divorced her on the Saturday, you could say on the Sunday your week was full. :lol: :roll:
Fences have been erected
Don't call out for me
I will not answer
Long ago you existed
I no longer hear nor see you.