Graham1 wrote: To be fair, I don't think anyone here claimed to have written the words they posted; they merely shared something they enjoyed :D

The thanks they gave for being told they're a good poet, Graham, directly implied that the work was their own. Which it was not.
Come on Cerberus give yourself a break have a KIT KAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cerberus.jpg
CarrieB wrote: Come on Cerberus give yourself a break have a KIT KAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wont take long with his 3 sets of teeth! :lol:
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
Graham1 wrote:
cerberus.jpg
CarrieB wrote: Come on Cerberus give yourself a break have a KIT KAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wont take long with his 3 sets of teeth! :lol:

3 kit kats, Graham :lol:

Nothing original as usual...
:lol: When I first join this site, my username was starkitkat, sure was tease by that last part "Kit kat" so change it.

Under no offense or without discrimination... there are copy write laws that we must abide by....

I think Graham need to update his education on copy writes laws according to MSN, so this is why we need to identify who work we are sharing. There can be a lawsuit against such individuals or this website.... So it is very important to give that person credit for their quotes, peoms, music, so on and so forth, many people are not aware of it. Since this website is on MSN turf, we must abide by the copy write laws. It scary because we don't know what or how to do it, but given credit to that individual nothing can go wrong. For instance, Cerberus knew of this and no matter if the person is dead or alive, it still has to be given to that person, because that person is dead, his estate still belong to someone who is taken care of it... We don't know who the newbies might be, it could be someone with an expert of these laws and they can be the .. what we call "Whistle blower". So yes, we may love what we post, but we must keep in mind the copy write laws which came into effect a few years back in North America.... So Cerberus could get into trouble for posting "William Blake" work....
Churches today has to leave a copy write on their songs or hymns or poems if it an overhead projecting, as it is a copy of someone work that they are using. So It is very important to leave the credit to those who is doing the work, even if it is Art.

So all in all, if there is no one name and you didn't create any of these, then put "Author Unknown"

I know Canada has a very strict copy writes laws

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/Copyright/Default.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/copyright/#support-and-troubleshooting

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/stopping-internet-plagiarism/your-copyrights-online/1-what-is-a-copyright/

Sara2101 wrote: I'm surprised that he didn't quote the source as he usually does. Maybe because Blake is so well known that no one could possibly claim to have written it.

I do however feel cheated as I really thought Carrie had written her poem. Maybe I should use Google more before giving praise. :shock:

Don't feel cheated Sara, we all didn't know or what the laws are or anything of the sort.. Just be glad she post it so it is shared among many of us in here.... :)
daisyjane wrote: there are copy write laws that we must abide by....

You are so spot on, Daisy - great post!
Sara2101 wrote: I'm surprised that he didn't quote the source as he usually does. Maybe because Blake is so well known that no one could possibly claim to have written it.

Exactly, Sara,

However, if you read the poem, it was by William Blake. If you sing the hymn, it was by Hubert Parry. And, there is another Jerusalem by Blake, this time "Jerusalem The Emanation of the Giant Albion". Confused yet? You soon will be :lol:

Indeed, mine was not a reproduction but a parody. Even Graham noticed this.

Moreso, the poem Jerusalem is Blake's commentary on the disestablishment of the organised church.

"God is dead. He remains dead and we killed him" Nietsche
cerberus97 wrote: Sara2101 wrote: I'm surprised that he didn't quote the source as he usually does. Maybe because Blake is so well known that no one could possibly claim to have written it.

Exactly, Sara,

However, if you read the poem, it was by William Blake. If you sing the hymn, it was by Hubert Parry. And, there is another Jerusalem by Blake, this time "Jerusalem The Emanation of the Giant Albion". Confused yet? You soon will be :lol:

Indeed, mine was not a reproduction but a parody. Even Graham noticed this.

Moreso, the poem Jerusalem is Blake's commentary on the disestablishment of the organised church.

"God is dead. He remains dead and we killed him" Nietsche

So does this mean they are murderer if they Killed him? :P
daisyjane wrote:
cerberus97 wrote: "God is dead. He remains dead and we killed him" Nietsche

So does this mean they are murderer if they Killed him? :P

Nietsche: "God is dead."
God: "Nope, Nietsche is dead."