Did you ran out of movies cerb? :lol:
Build It and They Will Come

https://fieldofdreamsmoviesite.com/
Just seen someone's profile and it reminded me of this movie

Coal Miner's Daughter
Raised in rural Kentucky poverty and married at the age of 13, Loretta Lynn (Sissy Spacek) begins writing and singing her own country songs in her early 20s. With the tireless help of her husband Oliver "Mooney" Lynn (Tommy Lee Jones), Loretta rises from local honky-tonks and small-time record deals to national tours and hit singles, befriending her idol Patsy Cline (Beverly D'Angelo) and becoming a country music icon despite the toll stardom takes on her family and her marriage.
I like to watch films that make me feel better for having watched them. Probably my favourite is a French film called Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain, know as Amelie to the English market. It is filmed entirely on location in Paris with English subtitles and is the story of a young French girl who had a rather sheltered upbringing but gives herself a mission to make the lives of those around her better, which helps her to make her own life more rewarding.
I have watched it many times and have the film poster framed on my wall!
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
Graham1 wrote: I like to watch films that make me feel better for having watched them. Probably my favourite is a French film called Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain, know as Amelie to the English market. It is filmed entirely on location in Paris with English subtitles and is the story of a young French girl who had a rather sheltered upbringing but gives herself a mission to make the lives of those around her better, which helps her to make her own life more rewarding.
I have watched it many times and have the film poster framed on my wall!

I've seen that film, Graham, it's really good, the girl who plays Amelie is the girl from the da vinci code
Boss Spearman (Robert Duvall) and his cowhands Charley (Kevin Costner) and Mose (Abraham Benrubi) are driving cattle across a large expanse of country. When Mose ventures into a sparse village to buy a few necessities, he is met with violent hostility from Denton Baxter (Michael Gambon), an affluent landowner, and his right-hand man, Poole (James Russo). When Mose doesn't come back, Boss and Charley realize he's in trouble, so they plot to get him back and get revenge on those who captured him.

I had the opportunity to join a cattle drive, rounding them up in the fall time for their warble treatment (aweful smelling stuff, know why the cowboys wear bandanna :lol: )in my younger years. I have never been on a horse for more than 2 hours but that cattle drive was 7.5 hours on this horse without getting off. This horse wasn't for rounding up cattle, it's a retired race horse "Throughbred".
Anchorman would know what I am talking about in terms of warble treatment :wink: but this day and age it is different than it was 40 years ago.

Being a cowboy isn't easy unless you were born and raise to be one, in my case a cowgirl :)

But riding a horse and allowing the wind blowing through your hair give you the freedom and enjoyment of life and it's scenery.
Seabiscuit
was a champion thoroughbred racehorse in the United States, who became the top money winning racehorse up to the 1940s, as noted in films and books. He beat the 1937 Triple-Crown winner, War Admiral, by 4 lengths in a 2-horse special at Pimlico, and was voted American Horse of the Year for 1938.
Born: May 23, 1933, Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Died: May 17, 1947, Ridgewood Ranch, California, United States
Height: 1.57 m (Horses are measure by hands)
Record: 89: 33-15-1
Owner: Charles S. Howard
Trainer: 1) "Sunny Jim" Fitzimmons; 2) Tom Smith
Secretariat
was an American Thoroughbred racehorse who, in 1973, became the first Triple Crown winner in 25 years. His record-breaking victory in the Belmont Stakes, which he won by 31 lengths, is widely regarded as one of the greatest races of all time. uring his racing career, he won five Eclipse Awards, including Horse of the Year honors at ages two and three. He was elected to the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in 1974. In the List of the Top 100 U.S. Racehorses of the 20th Century, Secretariat is second only to Man o' War (racing career 1919–1920), who also was a large chestnut colt given the nickname "Big Red".
Born: March 30, 1970
Died: October 4, 1989
Record: 21:16–3–1
Racing colors: Blue, white blocks, white stripes on sleeves, blue cap
Owner: Christopher Chenery

Jeremiah Johnson
A Mexican-American War veteran, Jeremiah Johnson (Robert Redford), heads to the mountains to live in isolation. Woefully unequipped for the task at hand, Johnson is fortunate to come across a seasoned mountain man (Will Geer) willing to teach him the necessary survival tactics. As life continues in the mountains, Johnson finds himself a native bride (Delle Bolton) and an adopted son (Josh Albee). However, their peaceful existence is threatened when Johnson incurs the ire of the Crow Indians.

I have never heard of this breed of Aboriginal “Flathead” until I watch this movie

He was called liver eating Johnson because he ate the liver of indians he killed denying them an afterlife
LOL, so did Dances with wolf, the Indian challenge him to eat fresh bison liver. I don't know if I could eat fresh liver :P
daisyjean wrote: LOL, so did Dances with wolf, the Indian challenge him to eat fresh bison liver. I don't know if I could eat fresh liver :P

Jeremiah Johnson really existed Daisy, John Dunbar was fiction
cerberus97 wrote:
daisyjean wrote: LOL, so did Dances with wolf, the Indian challenge him to eat fresh bison liver. I don't know if I could eat fresh liver :P

Jeremiah Johnson really existed Daisy, John Dunbar was fiction

I know, here is the link to it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson#Biography
John J Dunbar was his name he use :)
The Green Mile
Paul Edgecomb (Tom Hanks) walked the mile with a variety of cons. He had never encountered someone like John Coffey (Michael Clarke Duncan), a massive black man convicted of brutally killing a pair of young sisters. Coffey had the size and strength to kill anyone, but not the demeanor. Beyond his simple, naive nature and a deathly fear of the dark, Coffey seemed to possess a prodigious, supernatural gift. Paul began to question whether Coffey was truly guilty of murdering the two girls.
Message in a bottle
During her morning jog on the beach, journalist Theresa Osborne (Robin Wright Penn) discovers a bottle protruding from the sand. Inside it, she finds a heartbreaking, anonymous love letter. After her paper publishes the letter, Osborne tracks down the letter's reclusive author, world-weary widower Garret Blake (Kevin Costner), in the Carolinas. But, as Osborne finds herself falling hopelessly in love with Blake, she becomes wracked with guilt over the real impetus for her visit.