Since the death of my daughter in August 2016 I have felt so lost. I thought my friends and family would be there for me but no one has even called or knocked on my door to see how I am doing. My daughter left behind a 8 year old daughter that I am now taking care of. I been in a relationship for 12 years and found out that he has been cheating on me the whole time. I just don't understand anymore why all of this has happened to me. I am a good person and I don't deserve any of this . My life is turned upside down and I don't know what to do anymore. I came on this site in hopes to make friends so I would have someone to talk too . Keeping everything bottled inside me isn't doing me any good and to just have one person reach out to me , would make a world of difference even if its just to say I'm sorry for what you are going through. I am new to this site so I'm not for sure how this all will work out. Thanks for reading my post. Have a nice day.
Dear sweet ame,
I am so deeply sorry for your loss of your daughter. I cannot even begin to imagine the depth of pain & grief that comes with that. I've known death & loss but they say nothing is worse than that & I can imagine that would be the truth!

I'm glad you found this site. There are many great people here....& I've seen time & again those people reach out to comfort & be there for others here. I hope to see you in chat & would be happy to be a shoulder to cry on or just merely a distraction through a difficult day.

Take care sweet lady & talk soon.

Hugggs,
Darly
Dear Ame

Words cannot express my sadness.Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.If at any point you need to talk or share anything please know that you can count on me.

A Quote to ponder on
I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death.
They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make.
Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories.
We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.

Hugsss Pearl
Sorry to hear of your sad loss Ame. I hope you can find some comfort in making friends here as I know others who have been through similar situations and it can be good to talk to people who really understand how it feels. Please let me know if I can be of any help at any time. hugs Graham
Ame, I really want to be in touch with you dear. My daughter passed away 2 years ago this month after a courageous battle to win against breast cancer. My sister passed away from pancreatic cancer 8 months ago. Two losses in just over a year of my dearest loved ones.. I know what you mean about isolation. I sat here staring at these 4 walls for hours and hours, and full of tears and heartbreak. I was crippled by the grief and weakened by the journey. The chat room provided help for me at times but no one there knew how hard a time I was having and yet I was able to escape for awhile and have some laughs. I now have started a support group locally for women who have lost and women who are going through disease. There are 7 of us all together and more on the edge of joining us. Three of us have lost children. I said to myself that I would turn something so awful into something that could benefit others and accompany others on this lonely path. Please give Graham your address or phone number or even a message for me dear so we can be in touch. No one can touch the pain of losing a child...it is unfathomable that they should die before us. But there is no comfort and understanding than that which comes from someone else who walks the same path......

....blessings ....Fern
ame211 wrote: Since the death of my daughter in August 2016 I have felt so lost. I thought my friends and family would be there for me but no one has even called or knocked on my door to see how I am doing. My daughter left behind a 8 year old daughter that I am now taking care of. I been in a relationship for 12 years and found out that he has been cheating on me the whole time. I just don't understand anymore why all of this has happened to me. I am a good person and I don't deserve any of this . My life is turned upside down and I don't know what to do anymore. I came on this site in hopes to make friends so I would have someone to talk too . Keeping everything bottled inside me isn't doing me any good and to just have one person reach out to me , would make a world of difference even if its just to say I'm sorry for what you are going through. I am new to this site so I'm not for sure how this all will work out. Thanks for reading my post. Have a nice day.

Dear Ame,
I feel very inadequate and presumptuous offering any sort of response other than saying sorry for your tragic loss and the pain and difficulties you are dealing with and will deal with as you try to overcome your grief.
I do not know how I got to your post but maybe God, again, is working in some mysterious way for I am off to a funeral this weekend for a friend who lost a 39 year old son suddenly.. and I feel he is asking me to relay these thoughts to you.

So with all humility may I make a few suggestions to you, which might help.

As for the friends and family who have not reached out to you. I suggest, again with all respect for the despair and loneliness and probably anger that you justifiably feel... that you 100% state to yourself. I FORGIVE and UNDERSTAND them. Even if you have to STOP and deliberately say this out loud, please do so. Some of those people may be reacting as they are because of fear (they cant face the situation), because of helplessness (they do not know what to say how to convey their sorrow) and yes some of them may be absolutely thoughtless. But the important thing is that you do not dwell on this in your grief for it will not help you to go forward ...as you MUST.

Then try to become as involved as possible with some activity which will have you interact and HELP others. The sense of satisfaction. well-being and purpose that you will obtain will be a marvelous therapy. Dealing with the pain,secluded and alone, is going to be too hard and probably send you down a wrong path. If you can gather the courage to step out into LIFE again and to GIVE of your self in this very very hard time, I believe you will find love of all kinds is awaiting you. You may have to center your efforts around activities which coincide with shouldering the responsibilities of raising your granddaughter and being there for her. Maybe volunteer at school and immerse yourself in things which provide you opportunities to be together and be part of her circle of friends and teachers etc.

I wouldn't doubt that by engaging in LIFE outside again, you may find that you will re-connect with some of these friends and family who now seem distant and you will be able to talk about it all.

Again sincere condolences and may the GRACE of GOD bring you peace and comfort through the tough days ahead. And forgive me for daring to offer this advice... it was done with love and hope.

With Prayers,
Jim(dbguy49)
Dear Ame 
I have trodden a similar road to you for a long long time .
It does get easier with time and you learn to forgive but you never forget .You have to forgive and loose your anger because if you don't you become bitter and that is destructive. The forgiving does not happen over night  it takes along time  the forgiving of the hurt  the pain the anger buot you must if not for you  for your beautiful Grand daughter who needs you so much  not just for her physical well being but for mental well being as well .My Grand daughter is 26 now and I looked after her from 1 8 mnths old  and yes it has been hard work but hey she has turned into a lovely indepedant girl.I thought why me  on many an occasion  but I am still here and living  life once more
sorry to read of the double loss which Ame experienced[ also other members]so close together. great to read of the support from people on this site Have you had any bereavement counselling? There are many .some are particularily designed for children. in the past this need wasunrecognised or understood, I believe this is my first contribution so iam conscious of rules ,not naming specific organisationor more precise details.. i experienced sudden death of myhusband11yrsago 7was shattered by9morefamily deaths in 6yrs - one being my only sister[younger] from cancer . i thought iwould never laugh again but time is a great healer .
Hello Ame
I am so sorry for your loss, To hear that no one stood by you is very sad.My Husband passed away in his sleep and the same happened to me, Not one family member contacted me or came out to my farm to see if I was ok.Why loved ones and close friends behave this way is just selfish and rude.I feel for your loss.Take care and feel free to contact me and if you feel up to it , we can chat :cry:
Hugs Yvette
Seems most of us have experienced the loss of a loved one. I have never had
children but I can only imagine how hard it is to deal with that kind of loss. Something that we don't expect or prepare for is the loss of a child and how it upsets the balance of Family. you would think it would draw everyone closer but for some reason it does not. I wish you well. I hope things get better.