morton1 wrote: :lol:   where do I begin?.  OK,I will  try, and  keep it short, .moved in to the house when I was about 7 or 8 yrs old. from day one did not like the house it just made me feel scared don't know why it just did.but when I got older things just got worst,at the age of 11, playing hide and seek with my younger sisters and brother,I hid at the top of the stairs so I could peek around the corner to see if they where coming up the stairs but has I looked in the bedroom facing me I saw a boy looking back at me. the boy was like looking at a black and white photo he just stood there smiling at me. he was dressed in pants that came to his knees, long white socks,looked like tights and shoes with buckles on,he had a jacket that matched the pants but it was the tie that  was unusual it was like string tied in a bow. keep in mind this happend  in the day time. even though it must have been only seconds I still have that picture of that boy engraved in brain forever :lol:  . I was that scared that I did not run down the stairs, I jumped them. so that is how it all began.for years living in that house was my nightmare. no one believed me, things just got worst, from my things going missing to voices growling at me. it was not till years later  when I left the house to start my own family that my mum and other members started to experience just a little of what I did. so moving on to these photos taken,for me just validates there was something in that house and still is. I have loads more to tell but did say I would keep this short :lol:    sorry I have gone a bit.x 

I've lived in creepy houses but never seen anything. I had one house where I was deathly afraid of the second upstairs bedroom but never knew why, just shut the door the day I moved in and never went in it - not once.  I've lived in an apartment where things continuously threw themselves around. When I was in the process of moving out, they were thrown directly at me. 

My dog has clearly seen things and would look at a certain part of another house, wag his tail and bark even though we never saw anything. A psychic told me there was a young boy there who would play with him but I hadn't even told her about the dog, so ...

I've had TVs turn themselves on in the middle of  the night and I never felt more silly than when I finally stood in the middle of the living room at 3 AM and yelled at "nobody" to knock it off or turn down the volume. It stopped after that. Somebody sat on my bed one night. 

I don't know what I'd do if I actually ever did see someone. I've recently joined a local paranormal research group but haven't gone on any expeditions yet. I'm a little bit at odds with the idea of finding ghosts and using them for the sheer purpose of entertainment. I'd no doubt spend my time in these places trying to send them all to the other side which wouldn't make me very popular with the group  :lol:

someone wrote: I love those bump in the night stories.
New Years Eve I was with the kids witing for bells to ring etc. when there was an almighty crash in the hall, thought it was an intruder. We dashed out to see, and the wall clock was on the floor on the opposide side of the hall. To scare the kids I said "someone is going to die" - next day my brother in law, 40, died of a heart attack. The clock had not fallen, it had smashed across the hall from one wall to the other, there is a story in our family that a picture falls off the wall to signify a death, in this case it was a clock.

I believe the superstition is that if something falls off the wall but the hanging wire is still intact and the nail is still in the wall that it's an omen of something.  However, flying across the room is definitely a sign of something.
Hi mustangsally,  I put back the photos in my gallery you might find interesting 
Holy cow, what IS that? Wouldn't want to see it coming through my door  :lol:
:lol:  won't go back to that house again  :shock:
When I was in Huddersfield (UK) for my 1st degree in  Electronics course before Oxford  I was elected as the Resident tutor for the Trinity Hall which was the Polytechnic's dorm

This had been a Victorian Hospital and it was well known that it boasts a ghost of an 18 year old girl. 

One night there was a function (fancy dress party) and after the function was over I went round to ensure every one has left and turn the lights off for the night.

I saw this beautiful girl wearing a white gown looking at me smiling as she passed me by to go to the other side of the dorm.

I went down and talked to Jim Marshal the care taker and he smiled and said that was the ghost

I am not kidding it was as real as life gets and she was as beautiful as you can imagine with locks of long blond hair.

Years later I revisited the area . To my sadness I found that the dorm had been demolished some time ago. I was more upset about the homeless ghost than the disappearance of the building.

BC you let a lovely girl slip you by. :lol:  she would not be homeless BC, she will still see her home the way it was. even though the building is not there anymore. you maybe lucky enough one day to see her again, if you visit the site where the building once stood. 
"she will still see her home the way it was. even though the building is not there anymore."

Somebody told me recently that's why ghosts appear to walk through walls, because they follow the same path they remember and although buildings and walls may change, their memory of the original building doesn't. 
You are right, I heard that to. but like a lot of people say ' seeing is believing ' seen enough don't plan on seeing anymore, you get called crazy  :lol:
Finding dead people would seem to be quite easy. They don't move about quickly and tend to stay rooted. Rooted - get it?
never mind
I don't know Wanderer, sometimes they're really hard to find.

There was a man who was remodeling a house and when he opened up a wall he found a dead body.
Turns out it was the Hide & Go Seek champion from 1928!

Image :D
Mustangsally wrote:
someone wrote: I love those bump in the night stories.
New Years Eve I was with the kids witing for bells to ring etc. when there was an almighty crash in the hall, thought it was an intruder. We dashed out to see, and the wall clock was on the floor on the opposide side of the hall. To scare the kids I said "someone is going to die" - next day my brother in law, 40, died of a heart attack. The clock had not fallen, it had smashed across the hall from one wall to the other, there is a story in our family that a picture falls off the wall to signify a death, in this case it was a clock.

I believe the superstition is that if something falls off the wall but the hanging wire is still intact and the nail is still in the wall that it's an omen of something.  However, flying across the room is definitely a sign of something.

We have a peg board in our kitchen where we hang kitchen utensils and we have some old poppies from Remembrance Day stuck in there. Some have been there since the day we moved into the house nearly two years ago. Last Saturday my dad passed away.  Mom said two days before, she had gone to hang something on the board and a poppy fell off (My dad was in the Navy in WWII).  She said the next day a bird hit the window because knowing my dad, he would send two signs just in case we missed the first one  :lol:

When my brother's sister-in-law passed from a suicide, they came home after  the police and coroner and everybody had gone and they found a dead bird on their front porch. Why are birds so significant?

I'm waiting now for a sign from my dad. 
bebo10 wrote: Hi,

My name is Kate and my favourate hobby is Genealogy. I help people from all over the World to research for their Ancestors in Dublin City.

I dont know if there is a forum for this, let me know.[/b]

As you can see those you did not try to attract just flocked in.
From Canada and when I was in Preston England visiting family the actual cultural difference between the English language showed up. I said things that were allowed and accepted in Canada but were taboo there.
It's above some people to grasp the concept. I understood what your saying and keep the understanding of ignorance distant.
:D