Alright ladies and gentlemen. I need your expertise. I have a close friend that adores carrot cake. For a "thank you" I have decided to make her a homemade carrot cake. I gave all my recipes to my daughters and cannot find my favorite one for carrot cake. You mission if you decide to take it, is to write down your favorite carrot cake recipes. Must have cream cheese frosting. The more I get, and can compare the better. Will try a few out before hand. (licking lips as I speak). Thank you all in advance for your efforts. Now don't forget handed down family recipes or those out side the box. Looking forward to all your responses. Again thank you!
In carrot cake heaven....
Laurie
This is disappointing, Everyone likes carrot cake. I don't have a recipe but do have two suggestions, one is use half water, half oil and use the hot water method for a superb moist cake that is not oily. 
Try on line for recipe?

Laurie, my grandmother made the best cakes. This is my favorite rich Southern recipe. My family loves it.

Ingredients for carrot cake and frosting:

Butter, for pans (or use baker's joy powder non stick spray)
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans (again, or baker's joy for pans)
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick salted butter, room temperature
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans for frosting if desired

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round pans (or use baker's joy); In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs and vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer, blend until combined. Add carrots, raisins and pecans, if using. Pour into pans. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, place on waxed paper and allow to cool completely before frosting.

For the frosting: Add all remaining ingredients, except nuts, into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using a hand mixer. Stir in the nuts if using. Spread frosting on top of each cake layer. Stack the cakes on a serving plate and serve. 
Thank You miz for your family's carrot cake recipe. I fully understand I can look online for a recipe. But I was looking for family recipes. Tried and true and handed down. Ones that have been family tested and stood the test of time. Thank you again.
Laurie
This one is ancient and tried and true....May be the richest cake you have ever had. lol She also has an orange zest cake that is divine. I am looking for her old recipe now for the recipe thread...