Is God male or female? Let's examine the evidence.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God is so obviously male. The Romans said so.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Him again. Those Romans knew a thing or two.

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

A typically female syllogism. There are us and there are them. No in-betweens.

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Female God admiring herself in the mirror.

Philippians 3:7-9 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.

Obviously a female God. No concept of budget. It is no wonder men are the bread winners.

1 John 3:22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.

Woman. God knows her place.

1 Peter 2:9-11 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

God on men. Clearly a man, himself.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Typical woman relying on a man to protect her.

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

Female. She married well.
This is a touchy topic for some people in this site, (non beleivers).

I have heard people say, Father God and Mother Earth.

Here are links that might help you find your way of who God is. There are faiths only believe in the first five books of the bible, the book that Moses wrote, some faith only believe in parts of the bible, but who believe in the whole "Holy bible"?

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32960507

https://www.allaboutspirituality.org/is-god-male-or-female-faq.htm

https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/male-and-female-he-created-them-in-the-image-of-god

I am sure you will find more info on line.
Hmmmm,,,,,,, does God really exist ? There seems to be so many "Gods" in religion and other beliefs so how are we to determine the validity of his/her existence ? I am an optimist but I must see to believe,, sorry. My one date since being widowed was with a very religious man ( I found this out after 6 months). I was not religious enough for him, alas. Oh well............
It seems more and more people are unaffiliated to a religion; recent surveys showed that 24% of North Americans and 53% of British people claimed to have no religion. Humanism seems to be a growing trend and is defined thus:- Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance that affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives.
Graham1 wrote: It seems more and more people are unaffiliated to a religion; recent surveys showed that 24% of North Americans and 53% of British people claimed to have no religion. Humanism seems to be a growing trend and is defined thus:- Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance that affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives.


Interesting post, Graham. I'm actually surprised the percentage of North Americans that are unaffiliated isn't higher, at least in the US. I certainly see it all around me, and have only one friend that I can think of that attends church somewhat regularily.

I've not heard the term 'Humanism' until now, but I suppose that's how I've always practiced living my life.
Graham1 wrote: It seems more and more people are unaffiliated to a religion; recent surveys showed that 24% of North Americans and 53% of British people claimed to have no religion. Humanism seems to be a growing trend and is defined thus:- Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance that affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives.


Interesting and this is what I found.
https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/april/we-believe-in-god-what-americans-mean-pew-survey.html

Like Jazen, I am surprise to see the percentage in the surveys you provide G
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/atheism/types/humanism.shtml

I have always been interested in different cultures, language, well that difficult for me but to try and listen to them talk in another langage always interest me, often wonder how people come up with different Language, even the same language but different dialect, or meaning of one word has different defination. That what I call culture shock.
blackwidow wrote: Hmmmm,,,,,,, does God really exist ? There seems to be so many "Gods" in religion and other beliefs so how are we to determine the validity of his/her existence ? I am an optimist but I must see to believe,, sorry. My one date since being widowed was with a very religious man ( I found this out after 6 months). I was not religious enough for him, alas. Oh well............


Seeing to beleive, I often find people say that they find comfort in believing. To see to believe what will it take for you to believe? Is there a God? I know in many language the word Jahova, Yawey,

There was a conversation in chat awhile back, on the word "Suspender" I was surprise that it has a different purpose compare to Canada, but the same idea.

How this site bring people in here to learn on different culture.
daisyjean wrote:
blackwidow wrote: Hmmmm,,,,,,, does God really exist ? There seems to be so many "Gods" in religion and other beliefs so how are we to determine the validity of his/her existence ? I am an optimist but I must see to believe,, sorry. My one date since being widowed was with a very religious man ( I found this out after 6 months). I was not religious enough for him, alas. Oh well............


Seeing to beleive, I often find people say that they find comfort in believing. To see to believe what will it take for you to believe? Is there a God? I know in many language the word Jahova, Yawey=God,

There was a conversation in chat awhile back, on the word "Suspender" I was surprise that it has a different purpose compare to Canada, but the same idea.

How this site bring people in here to learn on different culture.
daisyjean wrote:
daisyjean wrote:
blackwidow wrote: Hmmmm,,,,,,, does God really exist ? There seems to be so many "Gods" in religion and other beliefs so how are we to determine the validity of his/her existence ? I am an optimist but I must see to believe,, sorry. My one date since being widowed was with a very religious man ( I found this out after 6 months). I was not religious enough for him, alas. Oh well............


Seeing to beleive, I often find people say that they find comfort in believing. To see to believe what will it take for you to believe? Is there a God? I know in many language the word Jahova, Yawey=God. I also learn that there are different translation, to read each translation is time consumming, but to start with a few, it will confuse you, you will think it has a different meaning. So I suppose it mean, where do you fit in, what will you believe in? what faith do you believe in? I study different Theology, and how it affect people differently in the same group.

There was a conversation in chat awhile back, on the word "Suspender" I was surprise that it has a different purpose compare to Canada, but the same idea.

How this site bring people in here to learn on different culture.
Something came to mind... what blackwidow meantion...
I have been told, do we see air?
If God would simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. What if he did that, would we need FAITH?
It's my own life experiences that make me believe.
Jesus himself prays to God the Father.
So God is a man.
PEARLW wrote: If God would simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. What if he did that, would we need FAITH?
It's my own life experiences that make me believe.
Jesus himself prays to God the Father.
So God is a man.


Pearl, darling, you hit the nail firmly on the head.

The fact we are being asked to have faith in something of which there is nil evidence, proves irrevocably there is no God or Gods, otherwise they would be jostling on cloud 9 trying to divine air time with the brainless believers below.

The question, is God male or female has quickly become irrelevant since there ain't no deity.
Jake62 wrote:
PEARLW wrote: If God would simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. What if he did that, would we need FAITH?
It's my own life experiences that make me believe.
Jesus himself prays to God the Father.
So God is a man.


Pearl, darling, you hit the nail firmly on the head.

The fact we are being asked to have faith in something of which there is nil evidence, proves irrevocably there is no God or Gods, otherwise they would be jostling on cloud 9 trying to divine air time with the brainless believers below.

The question, is God male or female has quickly become irrelevant since there ain't no deity.


If we are trying to find answer, most people leave it up to God, so instead of trying to find prove, just say, it was God
daisyjean wrote: If we are trying to find answer, most people leave it up to God, so instead of trying to find prove, just say, it was God


exactly, petal. God has become the scapegoat. God did i!

Attack Afghanistan? Gold told me to do it.

Invade Iraq and murder a sovereign annointed head of state? It's God's will
If you say so, but the bible is full of wars, so why was that mention in the bible? Is it to make people think... ok if it in the bible, then we can do it too?

But questions like, ok why are trees, grass are green, why isn't it yellow instead?
cron