This is so true. At our time of life we expect to lose people that we are close to. I lost all my immediate family (mother, father and brother) by the time I was 32, now it is extended family I worry for.
It takes such a long time to pick yourself up and see a way forward but it does happen eventually. You never "get over" losing someone, anyone that says you do is either fooling themselves or has never lost anyone they truly love but the pain of that loss is easier to cope with as the years go by. You suddenly find yourself able to think of them without crying uncontrollably, even smiling sometimes as you think of a moment in history when you were enjoying something together.
So to everyone that has lost someone close to them, share your memories and thoughts, it does help eventually.
Always know that you will carry that person with you in your very being throughout your life and I truly believe that they are always there for you, watching over you from a better place.

Take care of yourself and those you love.

Sara
Losing someone or something you love is very painful. After a significant loss, we all experience all kinds of difficult and surprising emotions, such as shock, anger, and guilt. While these feelings can be frightening and overwhelming, they are normal reactions to our loss. We have to learn to accept them as part of our grieving process and allowing our self to feel what we feel is necessary for our healing. Grief is unique, complex, and personal to each one of us. The whole grieving process as a roller coaster, full of ups and downs, highs and lows. Like many roller coasters, the ride tends to be rougher in the beginning, the lows may be deeper and longer.
Maggie, nothing can take the love that you and your son shared. I know that grief like this never ends because he was someone that you loved. May God give you the grace to accept the things that happened and the Serenity to carry on living.

Take care of yourself
Love and hugs xx
Hello to all. I am very new here, but naturally gravitated to this forum as I am a unwilling expert in grief. I lost 2 sons 20 and 24 y/o respectively within 17 momths. I spent 24 years as a paramedic, so dealt with death almost daily. I just wanted to say there is a process. And time heals.
Yes, time heals, you may never see them, so...
It's ok to miss them,
it's ok to cry,
it's ok to breath deeply,
it's ok to smile when you think of them,
It's ok to remember them,
For they will remain in our heart forever!