Hi All

I'm also new to this site so I thought it is time to jump in and say something. I am single and my idea of a holiday is to take a car trip through Western Canada and the US and I have been doing this for the last 18years.

Upside to travelling alone:
I can do what I want when I want
I do not have to think of anyone else
I can change direction at the drop of a hat, although I don't wear one

Downside to traveling alone:
Not have someone to share a special moment with
Missing out on an interesting side trip because I missed the road sign

So far, travelling alone has won out on travelling with some one. However, one never knows. Perhaps I will meet some one and want to travel as a couple. 
LindaOptimistic wrote: I'm going off on holiday alone for the first time.
I am a bit apprehensive but as it gets closer I am quite excited about spending the time doing what I want.
The only thing I think will be a problem for me is the evenings but I will keep the book handy lol

I have travelled all over the world on my own and iys amazing how many friends you make
Also you cando your own thing no need to pander to the wants of a companion(be selfish look after yourself) 
travel companion wanted for Winter 2012 destination negotiable contact me :!: Ooo
Hi i have just come back from Lake Garda which i did alone.
Went ther 20 years ago alone so thought it was a nice place to go back to as my late husband always said he would like us to go back together some day..
It was lovely but found it very lonely especially in the evenings then going back to my single room.
Maybe it was the wrong place as it seemed all families and couples or maybe just too soon having lost my husband just last year.
I wont go away like that again next time i will do tours of group holidays .
Also the single suppliment makes any holiday that much more expensive.
Good luck anyway whatever you decide :D
redmane wrote: travel companion wanted for Winter 2012 destination negotiable contact me :!: Ooo

Hi could have done with someone like you a few months ago lol.... :)
seabourndt wrote: i am quite used to it now mostly cruises.

HI i have thought about going on a cruise alone been on a good few with my late husband but not sure how i would get on going alone.
I think it would be very lonely especially in the evenings.

I am going on a cruise and stay with friend (woman) in october.
Do you think its something i should try? :)
I think it would be a good idea for you ladies to set up a travel club as there might be others on their own who would love a travelling companion.
The club already has local groups for members in the same area to share events and meet ups, but it is also possible to have themed groups for members with similar interests.
This holiday I am ill and unable to travel for family gatherings. (A cold and flu on top of mono.) Definately not something I wish to expose to another. Am already feeling some of the "poor me" vibes infiltrating. If you are alone over the Christmas season and feel lonely, drop me a message.
Hello group .. New here .. Great idea for a travel group .. I went on a trip last year with friends . I was the third wheel .. I found it lonely at times however was grateful to be away .. I would love to find a single group to travel with somewhere warm at least once a year .. I find it very disturbing that we as singles pay so much more .. However i guess that is the way it is...
cobra2020 wrote: Hi All
also no one to hold the camera to take of picture.
I'm also new to this site so I thought it is time to jump in and say something. I am single and my idea of a holiday is to take a car trip through Western Canada and the US and I have been doing this for the last 18years.

So far, travelling alone has won out on travelling with some one. However, one never knows. Perhaps I will meet some one and want to travel as a couple. 
Hi every body,I am a new comer to the site,so bear with me,mmm!! Holidays alone,I hate going on holiday on my own,that's why I've not had a holiday for years.My son keeps telling me Dad, now you've retired go on holiday,but not having a lady friend and my friends are all in a relationship,I decide to stay at home,this another reason why I joined 50's club,I'm sure there are other people like me. I have considered holiday companies that cater for solo holiday makers,but the price puts me off,why are they always expensive?i used to holiday with my wife,then I got divorced and my holidays stopped,then when my son was older 8 or so,I started going away again,I even had a time share In Tenerife,a beautiful place but my son ,as he got older didn't want to come with me anymore,so I went to this beautiful resort on my own,surrounded by couples and families I felt so alone,so I got rid of the time share and haven't had a holiday since.ah,we'll gotta go now and dream of a holiday .

LindaOptimistic wrote: I'm going off on holiday alone for the first time.
I am a bit apprehensive but as it gets closer I am quite excited about spending the time doing what I want.
The only thing I think will be a problem for me is the evenings but I will keep the book handy lol

hello my name is nelly I am going it alone also for the holidays are you going to the usa
BigAlan wrote: Hi every body,I am a new comer to the site,so bear with me,mmm!! Holidays alone,I hate going on holiday on my own,that's why I've not had a holiday for years.My son keeps telling me Dad, now you've retired go on holiday,but not having a lady friend and my friends are all in a relationship,I decide to stay at home,this another reason why I joined 50's club,I'm sure there are other people like me. I have considered holiday companies that cater for solo holiday makers,but the price puts me off,why are they always expensive?i used to holiday with my wife,then I got divorced and my holidays stopped,then when my son was older 8 or so,I started going away again,I even had a time share In Tenerife,a beautiful place but my son ,as he got older didn't want to come with me anymore,so I went to this beautiful resort on my own,surrounded by couples and families I felt so alone,so I got rid of the time share and haven't had a holiday since.ah,we'll gotta go now and dream of a holiday .

hello my name is nelly I am also alone for the holidays and would love to go away I am off for 2 long weeks
cobra2020 wrote: Hi All

hello my is nelly I have 2 weeks off at xmas and love road trips.
i travel alone too but its not fun as traveling with someone.. Its sometimes lonely