I had this peom on a tattered piece of paper when I first seperated from my ex. I kept it next to my bed and read it every night. I don't know when it got put away, but I found it again a few weeks ago and it still touches my heart. I don't have those feelings anymore, but it really shows the commitment I had to the relationship and how far I have come in the years since. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did:

The moment that you left me
My heart was torn in two
One side was broken-hearted
The other left with you

I often lay awake at night
When the world is fast asleep
And take a stroll down memory lane
While tears creep down my cheek

Remembering you is easy
I do it every day
But missing you is heart-ache
That never goes away

I hold you tightly in my heart
And there you will remain
Until that fateful day arrives
When someone takes your place
That's very touching. Thanks for sharing!
Nice sentiments. Reminds me of a James Blunt song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ntKgLxgY9s
That would make a good country song, Klambie! :)

-DF
That was so sweet Klambie and very endearing it showed the love you had for your ex ...  I hope you find that happiness again, Im sure you will ... you sound a lovely lady xx
very sweet, klambie
reminds me of my first marriage breakup and how far I have come from there
I think it is true that we don't get over these traumatic experiences, rather move
past them and grow...hopefully finding some value from the experience, I need to
get something from the pain to better my future and I did.
Thanks all. Loving that I found this site. Your kind comments mean so much.
Thank you, Klambie, for sharing this. It resonates deeply for me. I am less than a year away from my separation. Lord knows why things happen the way that they do.

I will check back and read this one again and again. Perhaps, in time, like you, I will no longer feel this torn apart and abandoned.

Brothersun: You will feel that way one day. I am living proof. Best wishes :wink: