It was noted on our Google page this quote about sports and that everyone has a right to practice the sport without any discrimination.

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." (Olympic Charter)

Sports should be an enjoyment, a recreation of all types of sports. Countries should be proud to have the opportunity to demonstrate their own individual talents and show the world their team spirit. Be proud to be part of the Olympics but mostly be true to yourself and respect other contenders.
Would be interested on your take of the Olympics. I know I am proud to be a Canadian and all the teams that are representing us. Oh God, everyone should be so proud of their countrymen and bringing home the medals but not just the medals showing their team spirit and their tolerance for one another.
We had only 2 in the 4man bobsleigh,
The other 2 got drunk, and won the pairs downhill ski,
But since they cant remember it, Alas no medals.

But i enjoy watching it. 
scrummy wrote: We had only 2 in the 4man bobsleigh,
The other 2 got drunk, and won the pairs downhill ski,
But since they cant remember it, Alas no medals.

But i enjoy watching it. 

Awww but having fun is good. Great to hear that your enjoying the Olympics. I love watching bobsledding, skiing and figure skating. As a child in Quebec, neighbors would make these types trails or tracks fill with ice to accommodate sleds/hoods on cars....and wow were they wicket going downhill. I did a fair amount of country skiing in my time but not so much of downhill skiing. I am sure that downhill skiing was more invigorating than cross country! I looked at cross country as an exercise.  8)

[u]Just a few more tidbits about our athletes  [/u]

I was watching the men's free skate program with great excitement.  Our figure skaters like Kevin Reynolds, Patrick Chan and many more make us feel very proud. But the one that impressed me this evening was Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan, he was absolutely breathtaking in his moves and having a record score of 101.45 his best ever.

Kevin Reynolds this evening had a few upsets with his triple quads and had a record of 68.76. Very upsetting for him but he must not let this score defeat him. His previous coaches feel he will go home with a silver medal. He does have great potential. Taken some highlights from his biography."[color=#004080]Kevin Reynolds is a Canadian figure skater. He is the 2013 Four Continents champion, 2010 Four Continents bronze medalist, and a four-time Canadian national medalist."  

Some highlights: " [color=#0080BF]Japan’s Yuzuru Hanyu broke his own record and won the men’s short program at the Sochi Games on a night four-time Olympic medalist Evgeni Plushenko retired from competitive skating. About two hours after Plushenko withdrew with a back injury Thursday, Hanyu became the first figure skater to ever surpass the 100-point mark with a spectacular routine that earned him 101.45. That gave him nearly a four-point lead over three-time world champion Patrick Chan of Canada.Two-time European champion Javier Fernandez of Spain was third. American Jason Brown was sixth. US champion Jeremy Abbott had a hard fall and is in 15th". [/color][/color]

How can we not be proud of our Canadian athletes, or all the teams, after all they come from all over the globe to compete. We are proud fans and must cheer everyone on!

In my eyes everyone is a winner! 
I have been enjoying watching much of the Winter Olympics. It seems to be contested in a good spirit and everyone seems happy. It's not the winning that counts as for many competitors, just getting there is a major achievement. Britain is not a winter sports nation generally as we rarely get snow or ice but there have been several notable achievements; Jenny Jones winning Britain's first medal on the snow in the snowboarding event and the ladies' curling team setting an Olympic record by getting 7 points in one end on the way to beating the USA 12-3. There was a lot of speculation before the games about the political issues but thankfully this seems to be forgotten by most. Sport is the winner!
Graham1 wrote: I have been enjoying watching much of the Winter Olympics. It seems to be contested in a good spirit and everyone seems happy. It's not the winning that counts as for many competitors, just getting there is a major achievement. Britain is not a winter sports nation generally as we rarely get snow or ice but there have been several notable achievements; Jenny Jones winning Britain's first medal on the snow in the snowboarding event and the ladies' curling team setting an Olympic record by getting 7 points in one end on the way to beating the USA 12-3. There was a lot of speculation before the games about the political issues but thankfully this seems to be forgotten by most. Sport is the winner!

It is so nice to see your posting. No matter were we are from everyone is important. It would be nice to have others say something about the Olympics. When I get a chance to sit and watch the games I have to say I love the skating, skiing and bobsledding but there are so many other activities. Lots of variety for the sports' junkie. Yes your right sport is the winner!
"Canadians have stolen the limelight, projecting confidence that's making headlines globally." Thus far taking 15 medals.

Wow I am proud of my team from Ontario....Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir taking home the silver medal for their outstanding performance in the Short Program and the Free Skating Ice Dance.

The short program points 76.33 and for Free Skating 114.66 total points 190.99 for (Tessa and Scott)

Tessa and Scott have been skating since they were teens....terrific performance against their rivals from the U.S. Meryl Davis and Charles White taking home Gold their marks for short program 78.89 and Free Skating 116.63 total 195.52.  

Both teams battled for the gold medal but U.S. had a 4.53 lead. They were both incredible teams and danced with such grace....they absolutely gave stellar performances.

No shame in taking home silver for Canada..........

GO CANADA GO!  We are proud of all our athletes.

There are so many sports, so many athletes; however, I am highlighting a few....anyone can give their comments.
Team GB now have mens and ladies curling teams in the Olympic semi-finals. The ladies team are the defending Olympic champions. As our mild winter climate does not make us a winter sporting nation, it made me wonder why our teams do well at curling and I found out that curling was invented in Scotland in 1541! In those days they used whatever stones they could find and slid them on the ice so it was much more difficult then!
Graham1 wrote: Team GB now have mens and ladies curling teams in the Olympic semi-finals. The ladies team are the defending Olympic champions. As our mild winter climate does not make us a winter sporting nation, it made me wonder why our teams do well at curling and I found out that curling was invented in Scotland in 1541! In those days they used whatever stones they could find and slid them on the ice so it was much more difficult then!

You see when everyone puts a comment you learn about their sports...we learn something every day. I am surprised no one other than you and me put anything here especially my Canadian friends.... and my neighbors....U.S.A. 

There is so much to say about our athletes but I would like others to contribute......don't be shy!
OK sorry but if there was a medal for hibernation I would win the gold,  :lol:
morton1 wrote: OK sorry but if there was a medal for hibernation I would win the gold,  :lol:

Haha I should also have that medal too! :) :lol:
Ron McLean and Peter Mansbridge do an excellent job reporting all the news regarding the Olympics. There is so much to say about our teams.....I am proud.....Closing ceremonies.....on Sunday....hopefully Canada can take home 26 medals....it's nail biting but we can only hope they break even to the amount of medals that they took home in Vancouver in 2010 ..... 26 medals.
So much excitement with our Canadian Women's Hockey team and Our Curling Team taking home the Gold....it's a proud time for us. Every radio station, every sports broadcaster, every organization were jubilated  that we won the Canadian Hockey Team and the Curling and taking home Gold.

Here is some exciting moments from various Canadian Radio Stations/ Organizations on their reporting:

"What a game! Saskatchewan's Hayley Wickenheiser and the Canadian Women's Hockey Team are golden!!! Congrats!! "

Well we started the day off with James laughing hysterically at the women's curling. "Hurry, hurry hard. Hard!" He found this quite amusing. And we ended the day with me telling Brian that Our Canadian Women's Hockey team beat the Americans. His response, "That was an awesome game!" I think he's actually more Canadian than me."

Congrats to the Canadian women's hockey team on capturing gold today! WHAT A GAME! And a special shout out goes to Meaghan Mikkelson, Jocelyne Larocque, and Tara Watchorn, who all play for Calgary's CWHL team!

WOW! Canadian Women's Hockey Team wins the Gold in overtime!!! Great Job! Congratulations to the Canadian Womens Hockey team for getting Gold in Sochi! Haley Irwin with an assist on the tying goal!! What a game!!   

Marie-Philip Poulin cements her place in Canadian history by scoring the game-tying then game-winning goal in OT to lead the Canadian Women's Hockey team to victory over the United States in an instant classic. The Canadian women have now gone 16 years without a loss in Olympic play.

===============================
Wow our Canadian Women Hockey Team are taking home the gold.....3 to 2 (USA). ..Sorry U.S.A. 

A very proud moment for our Canadian Womens'  Hockey Team....so far Canada is taking home 20 medals.....let's hope Canada can achieve 26....like they did back in Vancouver 2010.

Hockey/skating/skiing/snowboarding are strong sports for Canada.....We are in it to win it!       The men's Canadian Hockey Team are really under pressure to take the gold; however, they had to play U.S. and won 1 vs O and now Canada has to play Sweden for the gold... Good luck Canada! 

Not much time left for the Olympics, so Go Canada Go you continue to take home more medals.. 24 medals thus far........

I love the excitement of Figure Skating, Bobsledding, Snowboarding, Down hill skiing and cross country...all the sports are absolutely electrifying......

I honestly hope that you have enjoyed some of the reporting here....there is so much information to add but just giving you a birds eye view of some of the highlights of the games showing you how proud I am to be Canadian in moments like the Olympics.  There will be much more happening today right up to Sunday......I am merely giving you a taste of how I feel as a Canadian....we love our sports.....no denying that. 
Wow what a day for us....victory in the Men's Hockey....now they go on to take Sweden on Sunday to bring home the gold. It certainly has been nail biting to watch two teams Canada vs U.S. both teams are great but Canada managed to grab the glory.

Sunday  Canada Hockey team vs. Sweden who will take home the gold....well I will be watching with great pride for the team.

2014 has been very exciting for me as to say whether I was as pumped as much in 2010...I would have to say no. There is just something about the excitement of this year's Olympics....I am proud but I am even prouder now.

It's not even about winning for me it's about the strength and determination that they give as individuals and as a team with their sport..... and giving it their best, this is what makes me proud of the Canadian athletes. 

As I have been surfing the net I would like to add this information. Enjoy! (Anything that is highlighted in bold and the source from where I took it is recorded)....

SOCHI, Russia - A look at five things to watch on Day 16 of the Sochi Olympics:

BRONZE ISN'T GOLD, EH? — Playing for men's hockey bronze won't be very satisfying for the United States after coming within a goal of gold at the 2010 Vancouver Games. The Americans face Finland for the final podium spot after being shut out 1-0 by Canada. Finland meanwhile missed out on the gold-medal game with a 2-1 loss to Sweden.

PUSHING FOR THE PODIUM — Canada is no power in four-man bobsled but a podium appearance is possible. Four years ago Lyndon Rush, Lascelles Brown and David Bissett won bronze at the Vancouver Games. They're joined by Neville Wright in Sochi for another run. Their best result is third during the current World Cup season.

--- WHY NOT THREE? — Denny Morrison can win his third medal of the Winter Games in the men's team pursuit. The Fort St. John, B.C., speedskater is one of Canada's surprise success stories so far with a silver in the 1,000-metre race and bronze in the 1,500. Morrison will compete for bronze with Mathieu Giroux of Pointe-Aux-Trembles, Que., and Regina's Lucas Makowsky against Poland. ---

SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT — Jan Hudec already provided a surprise bronze medal for Canada in alpine skiing. Michael Janyk and Brad Spence will each have a chance to add to that in the men's slalom. They'll need some magic to get to the podium. Janyk's best World Cup result this season is 14. Spence meanwhile is a major longshot with just one World Cup finish this season in which he was 20th.

-- http://sports.ca.msn.com/winter-olympic ... -in-sochi-

As it stands right now on this date ...Friday February 21st.Medals.... 9 Golds, 10 Silver and 5 Bronze! Good going!