Not that anyone here would fall for this nonsense, I just thought I'd put it out in the open for the admins to see and dispose of in the appropriate manner. Not sure if messages as this one is flagged like the rest, as I've never received one of this type.

Anyway, see below:



From: KOBBY7204

Subject: VERY CONFIDENTAIL

Date: 25.04.2018, 02:23

Dear Sir,

With warm heart I offer my friendship and greetings, First of all, I use this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Mr Kobby Asare.I am 48 years and i work with one of the top leading banks as an Account Officer. There in this bank existed a dormant account for the past 8 years which belong to an engineer who worked with Shell petroleum Development Company Takoradi,Ghana named Eng A.M Parker. But unfortunately he died in a ghastly motor accident which happened on 13th June 2009.All occupants of the car tragically lost their lives in the accident.
When I discovered that there had been no deposits nor withdrawals from this account for this long period, I decided to carry out a system investigation and discovered that non of the family member nor relations of the late person is aware of this account.I have since then, placed this amount of (ten Million three hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars). on a SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without a beneficiary. As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this.I seek your assistance to present you as the Next of kinBeneficiary to this funds since you are a foreigner.I guarantee you that this transaction will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. I am ever ready to give you 40% of the total money and will be very happy if you help me invest my share in your country.It is going to be a bank-to-bank transfer from my head office here in Accra where every international transfers are been conducted to your account.The transfer will take only 72hr from my head office into your nominated bank account anywhere you feel safer.
All I need from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see it through.On receipt of your positive response. As you reply, let me have the following information which I will present to the Remittance department of our bank for a swift transfer and also for the documentation of probate processes if you have the faith. These are the information's:

1.Your full names:

2.Your date of birth:

3.Your private email address:

4.Cope of Your Identification card,Driving license or passport:

5.Your private telephone:

6.Marital status:

7.Your Occupation:

8.Your Nationality:

9.Gender /Sex:

Please reply through my email address below. I am looking forward to hear from you soonest.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. K Asare
(k.asare33|at|yahoo|dot|com.
Oh yes, the Nigerian Scam, wonderful aren`t they? This is one of over 400 different ones coming from there right now, and like the rest, they will bite the dust along with the other 20,000 scams flooding out of there each year. Like you Jazen, i just hope no one is gonna get caught out . . . . .. .REMEMBER FOLKS . . . if sounds too good to be true . . . . . . .IT IS.
Take care,
Chaos.
Jazen84 wrote: Not that anyone here would fall for this nonsense, I just thought I'd put it out in the open for the admins to see and dispose of in the appropriate manner. Not sure if messages as this one is flagged like the rest, as I've never received one of this type.

Anyway, see below:



From: KOBBY7204

Subject: VERY CONFIDENTAIL

Date: 25.04.2018, 02:23

Dear Sir,

With warm heart I offer my friendship and greetings, First of all, I use this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Mr Kobby Asare.I am 48 years and i work with one of the top leading banks as an Account Officer. There in this bank existed a dormant account for the past 8 years which belong to an engineer who worked with Shell petroleum Development Company Takoradi,Ghana named Eng A.M Parker. But unfortunately he died in a ghastly motor accident which happened on 13th June 2009.All occupants of the car tragically lost their lives in the accident.
When I discovered that there had been no deposits nor withdrawals from this account for this long period, I decided to carry out a system investigation and discovered that non of the family member nor relations of the late person is aware of this account.I have since then, placed this amount of (ten Million three hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars). on a SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without a beneficiary. As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this.I seek your assistance to present you as the Next of kinBeneficiary to this funds since you are a foreigner.I guarantee you that this transaction will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. I am ever ready to give you 40% of the total money and will be very happy if you help me invest my share in your country.It is going to be a bank-to-bank transfer from my head office here in Accra where every international transfers are been conducted to your account.The transfer will take only 72hr from my head office into your nominated bank account anywhere you feel safer.
All I need from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see it through.On receipt of your positive response. As you reply, let me have the following information which I will present to the Remittance department of our bank for a swift transfer and also for the documentation of probate processes if you have the faith. These are the information's:

1.Your full names:

2.Your date of birth:

3.Your private email address:

4.Cope of Your Identification card,Driving license or passport:

5.Your private telephone:

6.Marital status:

7.Your Occupation:

8.Your Nationality:

9.Gender /Sex:

Please reply through my email address below. I am looking forward to hear from you soonest.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. K Asare
(k.asare33|at|yahoo|dot|com.

Seen quite a lot of scam letters but this one is one of the most blatant attempts at identity fraud I have seen! I can't imagine anyone believing this! Even if it were true, he would be guilty of the misappropriation of client funds!
Agreed, Graham.

I subsequently received another email from this same person sometime this morning, but it had been deleted before I could read it. I'm assuming he/she/they saw this post in the public forum and responded "secretly" by sending me another message.

As blantantly obvious as the first email scam attempt was, I'm more than curious as to know what they wrote the second time.

Sometimes ya jus gotta shake yer head. :|
I get those all the time, I just ignore them, they soon will get tired of waiting, they just want some info from you. It was recently on our T.V. station warning people that of scam are on the rise.

What they do is get you to send them your e mail address and it goes to most likely their g mail. Gmail you can subscribe to get the domain, meaning your IP address, then that way they can hook up to your wi fi and follow you around the net. If you have hotspot shield then you won't be giving them your true IP address, just the fake one and they can't hook up to your wi fi.
CaptainChaos001 wrote: Oh yes, the Nigerian Scam, wonderful aren`t they? This is one of over 400 different ones coming from there right now, and like the rest, they will bite the dust along with the other 20,000 scams flooding out of there each year. Like you Jazen, i just hope no one is gonna get caught out . . . . .. .REMEMBER FOLKS . . . if sounds too good to be true . . . . . . .IT IS.
Take care,
Chaos.

Aoout a month ago, this scam found a way to freeze my e mail account, the e mail account that I subcribe with send me info, IP from New York.
Yes, it is a horrible nuisance, and right now there are enough deception devices being sold on sites like ebay etc, which can give the impression the I.P. is in say, Vancouver, when in reality, it is being used to show that it could be in a whole host of different locations at the same time, such as in China, russia, or wherever, and to be fair, if it is that easy to get hold of, surely, it should be banned by companies like Ebay and Amazon and numerous others, just from a moral point of view alone let alone the legal implications they must be putting themselves in line for. Ah well, one day someone will conquer it . . . . . i can live in hope lol.
CaptainChaos001 wrote: Yes, it is a horrible nuisance, and right now there are enough deception devices being sold on sites like ebay etc, which can give the impression the I.P. is in say, Vancouver, when in reality, it is being used to show that it could be in a whole host of different locations at the same time, such as in China, russia, or wherever, and to be fair, if it is that easy to get hold of, surely, it should be banned by companies like Ebay and Amazon and numerous others, just from a moral point of view alone let alone the legal implications they must be putting themselves in line for. Ah well, one day someone will conquer it . . . . . i can live in hope lol.


Stuff on the web use the real IP address, but you can use a software program that will give you a different IP than your real one, I have that software program.
E Bay, why would you reveal your IP address, it is private and only you should know your IP address, it just like S.I.N. it yours and yours only and no one else. However, what ever e mail client you are using, they know the real IP address if you are using a fake one.
I am talking about the scammers not me, i too have software, to even stop them accessing my wifi too, i would never let anyone knowingly have what doesnt belong to them. Anyway enough said, sorry for hijacking your post Jazen.
cron