Any fans of tai chi here?
Sosa666 wrote: Any fans of tai chi here?

Hi, I did for few years, it helped me a lot at a certain moment in my life. I am not sure I will go back to Tai Chi or yoga now but the day I will not be able to do what
i do now, yes for sure I will take Tai Chi once more
Sosa666 wrote: Any fans of tai chi here?

I tried it but as yet have been unable to fold paper into a swan shape
Cerberus97 tai chi is not foldind a paper. Check on you tube. Its mind body motion.
Sosa666 wrote: Cerberus97 tai chi is not foldind a paper. Check on you tube. Its mind body motion.

I think its a joke! The art of paper folding is origami! :D
I googled it the art of paper filding is i ching
Its a marshal arts. :lol:
I haven't tried it but have heard of it. I am always looking for something new so might just look into it.
I studied tai chi for many years here in Toronto. Looking back, I wish I hadn't stopped! At the time, I felt a real need for a change, but I've definitely lost something by not keeping tai chi in my life. Maybe 2021 is the year to return!

Tai chi is a classical Chinese martial art, passed from person to person in a lineage. If you're curious about what that means, have a look at this:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Philosophy/Taichi/yang.html

My teacher, Paul McCaughey, studied with Lee Shiu Pak, so his Toronto school would belong on the bottom row of the "family tree."

Tai chi is kind of like slow motion kung fu. I think, that is! Haven't studied kung fu myself -- but for sure you could (if you wanted) speed up the gentle movements of tai chi into killer holds, throws, kicks and punches. Part of the fascination of studying tai chi was learning about the purpose and function of the movements.

However, the focus is on fitness, balance, and overall wellness. The ancillary studies would be the martial aspects, Taoist philosophy, and traditional Chinese medical arts such as acupuncture, tui na massage, and herbalism.