Rod___ wrote:
stardaisy wrote: Cheaper than buying new glasses as you age

How come they don't start make magnifying glasses glasses? Big ones, that sit on your face. But not always over your eyes. As soon as you start to squint...a smart auto-magnifying thing detects the wrinkles on your face - what the hell does that say? - and flips down...presto, easy to read. The little twerps who are shrinking print...for who, or whom? Tiny people, who have eyes the size of the periods at the ends of sentences? Science is maybe planning to shrink everyone, to say an inch tall, or so...so we use way less resources, and the onslaught of tiny tiny tiny print is to psychologically prepare us all, for that day, when some of us - who get a bit too much of the shrinking ray - are able to ride a submarine through a blood stream? Whoa..look out for that big white blood cell! It doesn't look too friendly! I don't get it!!!!

I often see a container that has plenty of room on it...and that space is not used. Instead, some doofus label designer goes with a lot of blank space, that has no print on it - three quarters of the bottle or box - and then a label that has tiny tiny tiny...the fewer atoms used to form those letters, the better. Maybe looking to get an award...for a label that's hard to read, even with a magnifying glass? Maybe people who do that just chuckle all the way home? Maybe they're all sadists...I dunno.

But with an aging population...and eyesight not what it once was (though I think in my case, my eyes are still pretty good) (though there is a group trying to wreck them...average age maybe around 30, plus stupid)...it so begs for some younger folks to get friendly punches to the head. Hey, yo...I so enjoyed your shrunken label that was actually impossible to read, without a magnifying glass...punch! :-)

The same with the fonts in this site lol... tiny prints that one need stronger glasses to read what anyone is saying... like your font Rod, .. thus is why I use "reply Quote" so that I can make the font larger lol..
Sorry Jaffa, we gone from Solar to glasses... off topic here.
stardaisy wrote: bi focal

I have a bi focal section, bottom of my glasses. It's not acuity...it's size. I used to measure earthquake waveforms, using a monacle that allowed me to measure charts to a tenth of a millimeter. Ooh...gosh...ground went boop! But it was only a ten Angstrom boop! A millionth of a millimeter, in ground motion terms. Still...that was an earthquake shockwave, from somewhere in the world. So...I know tenths of a millimeter. When print gets down to 0.2 mm, or less...I say that's just plain old cruelty. I've seen how the Lilliputians or maybe it's tiny elves...own more and more of the print companies today. It's confounding.

Maybe it says, in tiny tiny print... Beware. This stuff will kill you. Make you permanently blind, deaf and take out both of your kidneys. Plus your liver too, probably. This product will torment you first, before it kills you. But pretty guaranteed: you're dead if you use this product. Why fret. Just buy this. That's money for us. It comes without a guarantee, hey. Except for death. That's pretty guaranteed.

I wanna know what labels say. Trust me...some day, we'll all need portable electron microscopes to be able to read the labels on things, at the rate print fonts are shrinking. Maclean's magazine: oh I see the print is down to roughly half the size it used to be. I'm sure all older people appreciate that. We don't care what's going on...like the stupid people are taking over.
I thought funny mushrooms went out of fashion in the early seventies. Evidently not. The hope is that the hallucinations may manifest themselves while the users are on top a roof. 

Mutley

Rod___ wrote:
stardaisy wrote: bi focal

I have a bi focal section, bottom of my glasses. It's not acuity...it's size. I used to measure earthquake waveforms, using a monacle that allowed me to measure charts to a tenth of a millimeter. Ooh...gosh...ground went boop! But it was only a ten Angstrom boop! A millionth of a millimeter, in ground motion terms. Still...that was an earthquake shockwave, from somewhere in the world. So...I know tenths of a millimeter. When print gets down to 0.2 mm, or less...I say that's just plain old cruelty. I've seen how the Lilliputians or maybe it's tiny elves...own more and more of the print companies today. It's confounding.

Maybe it says, in tiny tiny print... Beware. This stuff will kill you. Make you permanently blind, deaf and take out both of your kidneys. Plus your liver too, probably. This product will torment you first, before it kills you. But pretty guaranteed: you're dead if you use this product. Why fret. Just buy this. That's money for us. It comes without a guarantee, hey. Except for death. That's pretty guaranteed.

I wanna know what labels say. Trust me...some day, we'll all need portable electron microscopes to be able to read the labels on things, at the rate print fonts are shrinking. Maclean's magazine: oh I see the print is down to roughly half the size it used to be. I'm sure all older people appreciate that. We don't care what's going on...like the stupid people are taking over.

Loosing your hearing isn't a problem for me. But the eye sight is a factor for me.
:wink:
Broadcaster wrote: I thought funny mushrooms went out of fashion in the early seventies. Evidently not. The hope is that the hallucinations may manifest themselves while the users are on top a roof. 

Mutley

Careful on the "Funny mushroom" some maybe offended by that
:wink:
stardaisy wrote: Sorry Jaffa, we gone from Solar to glasses... off topic here.

Yeah, sorry, Jaffa. Stardaisy and I have kind of screwed your thread, huh. But. But! If you've ever seen the spinning wheels used by hypnotists...you have, yes? Hey: there is a logical eyes/seeing connection to your corkscrew solar system wideo! So actually...Stardaisy and I haven't been talking all that far off topic. It's all about "head swirl", hey.

First...our solar system started spinning...and after 62 years of experiencing ...all that spinning...it's made me quite dizzy...hypnotized me too, even...or whatever it might be called. Rambling onto eyeglasses and inky-dinky fonts was simply...her/my confusion...undoubtedly caused by...our solar system's vortex effect.

I believe she'd agree...that pretty much covers it. :-)
Rod___ wrote:
stardaisy wrote: Sorry Jaffa, we gone from Solar to glasses... off topic here.

Yeah, sorry, Jaffa. Stardaisy and I have kind of screwed your thread, huh. But. But! If you've ever seen the spinning wheels used by hypnotists...you have, yes? Hey: there is a logical eyes/seeing connection to your corkscrew solar system video! So actually...Stardaisy and I haven't been talking all that far off topic. It's all about "head swirl", hey.

First...our solar system started spinning...and after 62 years of experiencing ...all that spinning...it's made me quite dizzy...hypnotized me too, even...or whatever it might be called. Rambling onto eyeglasses and inky-dinky fonts was simply...her/my confusion...undoubtedly caused by...our solar system's vortex effect.

I believe she'd agree...that pretty much covers it. :-)

If it spin in reverse, would that make our eye sight better?
Stardaisy wrote: If it spin in reverse, would that make our eye sight better?

Yes, probably so. It could undo all the nasty done by the vortex. lol