Congratulations on the recent vote to leave the EU. Welcome to independence day.The EU was started after WW2 to foster better trade, and morphed into control over even a countries basic right to protect their boarders. They took back control. It will not be easy, but it will be worth it.
Again Congratulations!
Laurie
And yeah@ for the people. I spent a couple of months in England a couple of years ago and it was clear to me that ordinary people I met wanted their 'freedom' to be themselves and their own master. The so called freedom to move about in so many countries unfettered has not always been a good thing and the Brits resented it on their small island. I'd have bet money with the odds makers that it would go 'get out'. I wish them well, the naysayers should move on.
There are people that think Canada should be part of the US and I hope this never happens, we may look the same, but we are not. Bigger is not better. Independence goes.
Congratulations might apply to the 51% who voted to leave but not for the 49% who wanted to stay! It is the Disunited Kingdom! We do not even know what the terms of leaving are yet and our PM has resigned so its rather unsettling!
scary times huh Graham 1
The thought of Boris here and Trump in the USA makes me think I might start building and stocking a fallout shelter.
Northern Ireland and Scotland might become independent too??? help us !!!!! lol
OnlyDavit wrote: There are people that think Canada should be part of the US and I hope this never happens, we may look the same, but we are not. Bigger is not better. Independence goes.

I live in western Canada. There was some talk a few years ago of a trading alliance between Alaska, Yukon, BC, Alberta, Washington and Oregon. That would be terrifically rich and powerful and many people agree that would be a great partnership.
Other than that, us Canucks mostly look in pity at out American neighbours: no medical insurance, mostly ignorant of the rest of the world, will defend their right to have a loaded hand gun in the bedside table but at the same time has a huge prison population and executes people non-stop for shooting related incidences, has exported much of its economic production to countries such as India, and now, has a leadership candidate who lies to poor, vulnerable, under educated and under employed voters that he will bring their jobs back.
So no, there is no thinking Canadian that wants to be part of the U.S..
:lol:
so much I could say in response .....

The only suggestion I do have is research, invest time, before making statements that have those of us who do the research choke as we have that first cup of coffee in the morning with laughter.
Thank you for the laughter.....
And thank you for your input, you have made my day. And I thought my work was done!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do wonder though if in your statement the word Muslim was substituted for America would it be considered a hate crime/hate speech and removed. Somehow I think so...

Smiling through...
Laurie
Graham1 wrote: Congratulations might apply to the 51% who voted to leave but not for the 49% who wanted to stay! It is the Disunited Kingdom! We do not even know what the terms of leaving are yet and our PM has resigned so its rather unsettling!

congratulation but good Luck too as Uk is divided in two and that is another reason to worry about. According to you what Scotland will do in future?
Has no one noticed the amount of on line work done by third world country people working for first and second world countries. Telus is an example. If you need to talk to a live person you will be routed to someone off shore, usually in india. So much for keeping work at home. My cloths have an American label but are made in china. We do the same in Canada. Americans buy Canadian companies to eliminate the competition but do they keep the employees? Sometimes as in the auto industry. But not if off shore industry can produce the same product for less. John Deere, that great american company builds it's smaller tractors off shore. It's chain saws are Japanese, built and assembled in probably China.
And why? Simply because it allows us to live high on the hog. Welfare pays better than a Chinese labourer gets.
So any decision any country makes is based on economics not convenience. Which is why the Americans don't want Canada, we would be a burden not an asset. No cheap labour here. Just as there could never be a universal Canadian/US/Mexican dollar. As for free trade, it never existed.
I do not know if the UK made the right decision. But I can understand people wanting to be independent, we didn't separate for nothing.
Consonanza wrote:
Graham1 wrote: Congratulations might apply to the 51% who voted to leave but not for the 49% who wanted to stay! It is the Disunited Kingdom! We do not even know what the terms of leaving are yet and our PM has resigned so its rather unsettling!

congratulation but good Luck too as Uk is divided in two and that is another reason to worry about. According to you what Scotland will do in future?

Scotland's First Minister is already planning for a referendum within 2 years to leave the UK and they also want to stay in the EU.
OnlyDavit wrote: Has no one noticed the amount of on line work done by third world country people working for first and second world countries. Telus is an example. If you need to talk to a live person you will be routed to someone off shore, usually in india. So much for keeping work at home. My cloths have an American label but are made in china. We do the same in Canada. Americans buy Canadian companies to eliminate the competition but do they keep the employees? Sometimes as in the auto industry. But not if off shore industry can produce the same product for less. John Deere, that great american company builds it's smaller tractors off shore. It's chain saws are Japanese, built and assembled in probably China.
And why? Simply because it allows us to live high on the hog. Welfare pays better than a Chinese labourer gets.
So any decision any country makes is based on economics not convenience. Which is why the Americans don't want Canada, we would be a burden not an asset. No cheap labour here. Just as there could never be a universal Canadian/US/Mexican dollar. As for free trade, it never existed.
I do not know if the UK made the right decision. But I can understand people wanting to be independent, we didn't separate for nothing.

I can remember my mother saying that Canada will become USA, but that wasn't the case, it was business that came to Canada and started, most of the oil companies have settle in Calgary and rule the oil world from Calgary, Stores like Walmart, Target were over taken Sears, Bay. Zellar and Eaton, both Zellar and Eaton are gone, just the Bay and Sears left.
Stores were buying stuff from other countries to help them stay employed and not come to Canada to live and this is how we been finding clothing ship from India but made in Twain and so on.
Target didn't do well in Alberta so they moved out.

Still lots of oil companies in Calgary, the only oil company that is Canadian own is Petrocan the rest is American, so this is how American have rule the Canadian side of the boarder.

Fort Mac are looking for people to work up there as most of the people who lived up there and work were from Newfoundland and Labrador, whom have most gone back to their home land, so who will move to Fort Mac, it use to run by suncor whom was a Canadian base company out of Calgary, I don't know who is running the Tarsand up there now but I guess soon enough we will know.

As for UK going or opting out of UE, that is a tough debate, I heard that Tony started the EU, as he didn't want WWlll. So what will happen in the future, what will happen to our future? what will happen tomorrow? Will we wake up to a sunny morning with good news? Or will we wake up with purple hair LOL.

Most of the companies like telus main office is in India, even Shaw and some of the Canadian bank office is in India :shock:
People from here will gladly go work in Fort Mac, but they won't move there or build houses. Here is home, elsewhere is money. So the labour force may end up immigrants. So we better not complain too loud if that happens.

If Scotland separates it will get Quebec started again. Imagine the problems if there is a country between our maritimes and the rest of Canada. Americans will set up toll booths so we can't just dip into the states to bypass Quebec. Either way it will cost. Trumps fence may become reality. It won't be the first time a wall was built between countries. Look at a globe not a flat map and you will see how close Scotland is to Europe. I don't understand why we don't trade direct with Mexico. Unless the Mexican companies are owned by Americans.

The next while will be interesting. One small change half a world away is going to have a big effect elsewhere.
It most younger people who are willing to move up there as they haven't establish root, or someone who don't mind moving are willing to go where jobs are plentiful.

I agree with you on this separation bit, unless Canada is willing to build a fly over between Ontario and N.B. or N.S. prior to the separation, but I doubt that, but the Quebecers will be losing out on the benefits that Canada offer now. Most of the Western province are willing to allow Quebec to separate as we have listen to this for years. But if traveling, I don't think it would be a problem as they will either charge us for going through Que or USA. Boarder crossing will become a problem as well for those who want to escape Que. There are lots to consider.
OnlyDavit wrote: Has no one noticed the amount of on line work done by third world country people working for first and second world countries. Telus is an example. If you need to talk to a live person you will be routed to someone off shore, usually in india. So much for keeping work at home. My cloths have an American label but are made in china. We do the same in Canada. Americans buy Canadian companies to eliminate the competition but do they keep the employees? Sometimes as in the auto industry. But not if off shore industry can produce the same product for less. John Deere, that great american company builds it's smaller tractors off shore. It's chain saws are Japanese, built and assembled in probably China.

And Bombardier, which received millions of dollars in government money to keep afloat is now outsourcing its cockpits of certain planes to China and the wings to Mexico. I want to know now which ones they are, because I'm not setting foot on them. Nothing made in China lasts for long.
stardaisy wrote:

I can remember my mother saying that Canada will become USA, but that wasn't the case, it was business that came to Canada and started, most of the oil companies have settle in Calgary and rule the oil world from Calgary, Stores like Walmart, Target were over taken Sears, Bay. Zellar and Eaton, both Zellar and Eaton are gone, just the Bay and Sears left.
Stores were buying stuff from other countries to help them stay employed and not come to Canada to live and this is how we been finding clothing ship from India but made in Twain and so on.
Target didn't do well in Alberta so they moved out.

Still lots of oil companies in Calgary, the only oil company that is Canadian own is Petrocan the rest is American, so this is how American have rule the Canadian side of the boarder.

Fort Mac are looking for people to work up there as most of the people who lived up there and work were from Newfoundland and Labrador, whom have most gone back to their home land, so who will move to Fort Mac, it use to run by suncor whom was a Canadian base company out of Calgary, I don't know who is running the Tarsand up there now but I guess soon enough we will know.

As for UK going or opting out of UE, that is a tough debate, I heard that Tony started the EU, as he didn't want WWlll. So what will happen in the future, what will happen to our future? what will happen tomorrow? Will we wake up to a sunny morning with good news? Or will we wake up with purple hair LOL.

Most of the companies like telus main office is in India, even Shaw and some of the Canadian bank office is in India :shock:

A large part of why Target didn't last in Canada is because the idiot shoppers thought, Oh, boy. Target is coming to Canada and they're really cheap. I shop there all the time when I go to the U.S. Um, yeah, WHEN YOU GO TO THE U.S.!!!! Here, they still had to pay their people Canadian wages.