I have experienced several, however, my most memorable adventure happened in the late 70's when I packed the U-Haul with everything I owned and moved to the USA for work. I'm happy to say 'the move' changed my life for the better.
I was in Germany during the late seventies. A fraction of the Red Army/Red liberation Front stole WW1 mustard gas from a military post. They also kidnapped a few people and threatened to release the mustard gas against all military bases including American. I was living on a military base in Neu Ulm Germany at the time. I went to bed and woke up with a knock to the door. I was given 20 minutes to pack and be out side to await a military bus that would take us out of country. I was allowed one small bag, and that had to include everything I needed for three days. AT the time I had two small children, one an infant. I walked down stairs and was handed a deck of cards, and three gas mask and instructed on how to use the gas mask. The deck of cards had my hubsands id number and other information on each card. We where loaded in buses, and set off for Munich . We had to stop at many road blocks and each time we stopped a card was requested from me. I found out later the cards let my hubby know my progress out of country. It was scary, and frightening, considering I had very small kids. You may read more about it under German Autumn. It amazed me that when I got back to the states most Americans didnt know it happened. It was and still is the greatest adventure I have ever had, considering I have never had to run for my life since.
Laurie
We experience all sorts of trauma in life, however, when it involves our children the trauma is intensified so immensely that it changes our DNA
Thank you for sharing Laurie *hugs*
oh wow, Laurie, glad it turned out well for you and family.

I've traveled a bit but I think my most memorable trip was through Mexico. We drove down the east coast starting at the Texan border, all the way through the Yucatan Peninsula and across to the Pacific and up the west coast, staying in Mexico City for a week, then continued through California. We wanted to see as many Mayan/Inca ruins as we could and did. It was very interesting. We learned a lot more from the people we met along the way, traveling to places tourists don't normally go. Even if there was a language barrier (I knew some Spanish, I studied it before leaving and brought a translation book) I could make out most of it with smiles and hand signals but if they spoke too fast I had trouble. Some places were a little scary. Enchanting and educational. We were traveling for six weeks and loved it. I never got sick but my partner did, luckily didn't keep him down and was ok after a few days.
moondimple wrote: I have experienced several, however, my most memorable adventure happened in the late 70's when I packed the U-Haul with everything I owned and moved to the USA for work. I'm happy to say 'the move' changed my life for the better.

This is the kind of thing I do Moondimple.  I am very adventurous.  I haven't moved from Country like you, but I do move within Canada and love it.  I am actually almost ready for a move now.   
Being on this dating site. lol
desertdolly wrote: Being on this dating site. lol
:D

Luv it! :D
Once on a date site which will remain nameless I met a woman (I thought) . He /she /it was not a woman
Imagine Helga the German Tank Commander six foot wide
Had she worn the Viking helmet she could have easily gotten a job singing in the opera
Can you imagine if I had let her kiss me? the vacuum generated by the suction would have been enough to clean the carpets

Broadcaster wrote: Once on a date site which will remain nameless I met a woman (I thought) . He /she /it was not a woman
Imagine Helga the German Tank Commander six foot wide
Had she worn the Viking helmet she could have easily gotten a job singing in the opera
Can you imagine if I had let her kiss me? the vacuum generated by the suction would have been enough to clean the carpets

Hilarious!!! :D
My most profound adventure is the journey I take within myself, every second of every minute, of every single blessed day....What an enlightening trip!
Getting divorced and starting out on my own.  :lol:
After 47 years of marriage I decided I wanted to live a little not sit waiting for that call from above
I was bored not loved not appreciated, so I plucked up courage and we separated the best thing I have ever done only one regret I should have done it years ago, I am so happy now and my life is full
My trip to Morocco was my greatest adventure especially shopping in Casablanca.
I won a radio contest once and got to play onstage with the legendary Eric Clapton. We both stood and jammed in front of a packed house of 30.000 screaming fans. Flowers were being thrown at my feet as Eric let me solo his song "No More Tears In Heaven".

But then I woke up.

:mrgreen: :lol:
I thought moving to Europe with a back pack was fairly adventurous. 35 years now and I'm still looking for that return ticket. Where did I put that darn thing? Sure hope Mom isn't worried.