LadyL you seem to get insulted over the smallest thing?

Anyways, have a great day and keep on smiling!
TheLadyL wrote: Why on God's green earth, pray tell has your comment have anything to do with my comment on freedom of speech Stairdaisy? I am offended by you referring me to your post on 1 Corinthians 13. How dare you use God's word in such a manner, to advance your own importance. Do you ever read what you post, or do you just paste and cut. Do you ever follow what you post or just use it as a distraction? You do so much damage in the way you weld the Word of God, you have become the perfect caricature of the faithful. I have never attacked you personally, I have disagreed with some of your statements, but it was always the statement never the person. I have treated you with respect, and at times have been forceful in word. I am deeply disappointed.
FINI
Nothing additional needs to be said....
Laurie

With this comment will surely send me to the confusion couch for sure... don't have a flipping clue what you are talking about... have a stress free day!

Yes my sons keep telling me to listen to what I am saying, but as far as I am concern, what I said is ok but not to them... like Angel said on one form.. different strokes for different folks.... :D
Anyone besides me feel the need to break out their Captain Midnight decoder ring?? :shock:
LOL...
At times I feel I have fallen into the rabbit hole. But I have noticed that when many are confronted (this holds true of politicians) the perfect answers are;
1) I did not inhale
2)I did not have sex with her
3)I was unaware that was happening
4}That was done without my consent or knowledge
And the best one is.........
5)I don't understand the question nor the comments made.......
But I think I will use this one myself:
Being raised in different parts of the world and having been exposed to many cultures(including my Italian/English background) I am innocent of all misunderstand, misstatement , or confusion I may cause. With this said(of course I will widen my baby blues for a minute) I will continue to go merrily on my way, knowing that I will never have my feet held to the fire for anything I say or do. I have just written the ultimate "get out of jail" card. :)
Merry Christmas All, and remember to smile. I do
Laurie
:wink: A confusion couch was donated, so perhaps we all can sit there and behave and have a cup or glass of Morton eggnog.

Well to my boys, I can confuse them easy and I raised them, so you are not alone with trying to understand me... My culture is totally different than any other culture, in fact Western Canada is different than Eastern Canada in the silent world. So join the club as well as the egg nog :wink:
peachShiraz wrote: Anyone besides me feel the need to break out their Captain Midnight decoder ring?? :shock:

Is Captain Midnight ring a Emerald one? Don't even know a "Captain Midnight, does he sail the Atlanta sea or the Pacific sea?
:wink:
Could this be captain midnight ship?

A little boy was helping his Granny on that ship, she didn't have a clue how to use it :wink:
AngelsonHigh wrote: Don't think I am happy that you insult women.

In that post, I insulted one woman, who began insulting and smearing me, with some crazy made-up allegations that bore no resemblance to truth. When I objected, she got even worse. That is NOT the same as "insulting women". It's a poor mental habit to extend from one particular case (a woman) to half of humanity (women). But I've seen it happen, many times. There is a significant difference between the singular and plural. Yet curiously, many minds don't seem to know the difference between 1 and 3.5 billion.

Each sex has its noticeable habits, if one spends any appreciable time observing people. I have yet to get an explanation from stardaisy. Rational people have good reasons. So I'm left to assume, based on certain past events (that did not involve her). Her arrogance is obvious to me.

Part of cyberbullying is mob mentality...that can develop so easily. It's like people put on their judge gowns, without concerning themselves (at all) about actual events, or who was actually at fault.

There is a strange - even bizarre - assumption in many minds that when a woman insults a man, that's okay; women need to 'stand up for themselves' (even if it means telling lies and resorting to smear)...but when a man responds with some sharp-worded comments in reply, he's somehow a misogynist. I've never been a misogynist. I'm not an 'ist' anything. Except maybe a Taoist.

And the Taoists - 2500 years ago - admired the female principle. Their philosophy was riddled with admiration for women. Of the two fundamental principles - Yin and Yang - they thought Yin the most important. Of all the Chinese philosophy I studied, it appealed to me the most. So your comment paints me as the opposite of my actual mental orientation, vis-a-vis the fairer sex (cough).

A matter of live and learn. I acquired my own wisdom, beyond academic. I learned to wear a helmet and flak vest. It made dating safer.

What I said is true. Women generally don't explain, because on average, they aren't as rational as men. Men like to have reasons. Sweeping generalizations usually have some grain of truth. The average women operates more on the basis of emotions, so she doesn't need good reasons. But there are plenty of irrational men, too! Politics is full of them.

My bats in belfry comment applies to men, also. About equally. I'm not a fan of humans, period. Too much still monkey. Or was it apes? Did we evolve from monkey to ape, before we got to human? Some days, I think we skipped a step.

The exception to the rule - be polite - is the spun ones, who start acting like female hornets. Sometimes sparked by let down. You don't like me??? Stinger out!!! I think they need de-spun and wacked. But things get twisted in certain minds that are prone to twist things. Your post is an example. One is not all. One is one. Also lost in the dust is who started it. Certainly wasn't me. Once a woman starts smearing me...okay, baby, let's duke it out! That is not cyberbullying. It's standing up for oneself. Same as women should.

Men who chastise men who belittle spun women...may as well be women, really. That cannot possibly be interpreted as "insulting women". But you can try. Insults are like spice. A little can add flavor. Too much...no good! Spoils the broth. So just that one wee little zinger. Retract your stinger, ma'am! Er,...sir. :-)
AngelsonHigh wrote: ...you insult women.

Oh...you're a woman! Who also has me blocked from viewing her profile, for no reason I can figure out. Sorry for mistaking you for a guy. But that can happen - innocent mistake! - when you block someone from viewing your profile. I only had to gamma correct your pic by 2.3 - a large amount - to figure out your gender. No *flash* on the camera, hey? Here is a technical tip. Photographs tend to come out better if you use photons.
Rod___ wrote:
AngelsonHigh wrote: Don't think I am happy that you insult women.

In that post, I insulted one woman, who began insulting and smearing me, with some crazy made-up allegations that bore no resemblance to truth. When I objected, she got even worse. That is NOT the same as "insulting women". It's a poor mental habit to extend from one particular case (a woman) to half of humanity (women). But I've seen it happen, many times. There is a significant difference between the singular and plural. Yet curiously, many minds don't seem to know the difference between 1 and 3.5 billion.

Each sex has its noticeable habits, if one spends any appreciable time observing people. I have yet to get an explanation from stardaisy. Rational people have good reasons. So I'm left to assume, based on certain past events (that did not involve her). Her arrogance is obvious to me.

Part of cyberbullying is mob mentality...that can develop so easily. It's like people put on their judge gowns, without concerning themselves (at all) about actual events, or who was actually at fault.

There is a strange - even bizarre - assumption in many minds that when a woman insults a man, that's okay; women need to 'stand up for themselves' (even if it means telling lies and resorting to smear)...but when a man responds with some sharp-worded comments in reply, he's somehow a misogynist. I've never been a misogynist. I'm not an 'ist' anything. Except maybe a Taoist.

And the Taoists - 2500 years ago - admired the female principle. Their philosophy was riddled with admiration for women. Of the two fundamental principles - Yin and Yang - they thought Yin the most important. Of all the Chinese philosophy I studied, it appealed to me the most. So your comment paints me as the opposite of my actual mental orientation, vis-a-vis the fairer sex (cough).

A matter of live and learn. I acquired my own wisdom, beyond academic. I learned to wear a helmet and flak vest. It made dating safer.

What I said is true. Women generally don't explain, because on average, they aren't as rational as men. Men like to have reasons. Sweeping generalizations usually have some grain of truth. The average women operates more on the basis of emotions, so she doesn't need good reasons. But there are plenty of irrational men, too! Politics is full of them.

My bats in belfry comment applies to men, also. About equally. I'm not a fan of humans, period. Too much still monkey. Or was it apes? Did we evolve from monkey to ape, before we got to human? Some days, I think we skipped a step.

The exception to the rule - be polite - is the spun ones, who start acting like female hornets. Sometimes sparked by let down. You don't like me??? Stinger out!!! I think they need de-spun and wacked. But things get twisted in certain minds that are prone to twist things. Your post is an example. One is not all. One is one. Also lost in the dust is who started it. Certainly wasn't me. Once a woman starts smearing me...okay, baby, let's duke it out! That is not cyberbullying. It's standing up for oneself. Same as women should.

Men who chastise men who belittle spun women...may as well be women, really. That cannot possibly be interpreted as "insulting women". But you can try. Insults are like spice. A little can add flavor. Too much...no good! Spoils the broth. So just that one wee little zinger. Retract your stinger, ma'am! Er,...sir. :-)

Thank you for not judging all of us by one or even a few. God knows i am ashamed to call myself female at times from some of the actions of my gender. I've always been and will always be a supporter of women, but some simply do not deserve that support, and are an embarrassment to their gender. Nuff said...for now. :wink:
stardaisy wrote: Image

LadyL you seem to get insulted over the smallest thing?

Anyways, have a great day and keep on smiling!

If you think one is feeling insulted stardaisy, perhaps you might want to take another look and think over your response...just sayin'.
scorpio1943 wrote: Thank you for not judging all of us by one or even a few.

You're welcome. Thank you for what sounds like some support. It's both silly and unfair to judge a gender based on the actions of one or a few.

I've been blessed with extreme bad luck when it comes to women. So when one starts ragging on me, in what I consider to be a very unfair way...she tends to lose a body part, figuratively speaking. Usually part of her rear end. I play Doberman. Bite that butt, doggie! Make sure she loses a piece.

But there are lots of *nice* women. Unfortunately, it seems most of them live on the other side of the planet from me. Currently the only woman I know who seems very nice and sincere - and who wants to marry - lives in Russia. So I'm thinking about moving there. Do I speak Russian? Beyond a few words, no. But I have learned to speak Female. See this money? :-)

[quote]God knows i am ashamed to call myself female at times from some of the actions of my gender.[/quote]

My main axe to grind with women is so many are dishonest. I've heard innumerable lies, from many. I never lie, on principle, so I find that bad habit very dismaying.

But I'm equally ashamed to call myself male, given the actions of men. Will they ever stop playing war? On the other hand...Margaret Thatcher proved she was right into it, too, as much as any man could be. Today there are lots of female soldiers. Hillary Clinton is a hawk, more than a dove. She could scare me if she became President. The former prime minister of Ukraine, Yulia Tymoshenko, wanted to nuke the Russians in her country. Bugs for brains. But I believe she had a brain operation, and surgeons managed to remove most of the insects from her skull.

The war problem can't be blamed on just men any more. But certainly men continue to deserve most of the guilt. Until we resolve that issue, we'll remain a primitive and savage species. In the 20th century alone, about a hundred million people died, through violence. And most of the people doing the killing called themselves Christians.

It's getting close to Christmas...so please, all you believers, forget I said any of that. Just another mini-rant from a man who doesn't have a woman to keep his hands doing something besides type. But this nice Russian woman...very attractive...I suspect I wouldn't be doing much typing. "We forgot to put up a tree this year? Wow...you're right! No tree. I guess we were too busy. Let's get on that right now. Or...after we make love again." :-)
Rod, yes it is unfair to judge anyone by gender, race, nationality, ethic origin, disablity. I deaf are class in "disablity" but we don't call ourselves as a disability because we can talk, it just that some people don't understand our language, so it could be a disability on you seeing how some don't understand what we are saying. Yes I use both, so I guess you could say I am bilingual, by speaking (voice) and signing... like Sue Thomas FBeye. she can use both.

Sometimes I will say it in another way.. go and listen to the chinese or japanese, can you understand them? if the answer is no, then it is the same with us... me and most of the members in here.

Some may think I am mean as it comes across to them that I am mean, but in my world, it isn't mean. Actually it all a misunderstanding.

Often I would see this message "Star have your read this or listen to what you are saying" I go back and read what they are talking about... "Nope, I don't see it a problem but why do you see it a problem?" well in the board of "FYI" all the information is there.

So if you get block then it all a misunderstanding. I know I can click on something without realizing that I did it... like my screen keep going larger or smaller, hate that. didn't even touch the ctrl + or ctrl-, so how can that be.. well my guess is the way the keyboard is set up that the side of my hand will hit the ctrl key without me realizing it.