A mobile phone you can take the back off without breaking your finger nails?

I like it Gwynnie  :lol:
Hi , you've got me started gwynnie, thank you very much .....this is my first post! - a device to locate your specs. - one universal screw and a screwdriver to match. - Same for plugs, and indeed sockets, bulbs, chargers of all kinds. - screens that aren't completely black in bright sunlight. I could go on...
Hi Sirano and welcome to the site. How I agree with all you have listed. :) I would especially like a universal charger for mobiles, tablets, ebook readers etc. I am sick of carting lots of different chargers when I go away.
gwynnie wrote: A mobile phone you can take the back off without breaking your finger nails?

Ever considered tossing your cell phone before it can break your nails? There is more than one solution to every problem, you know. I'd say: just hurl it. Do you live near a large body of water? Salt water is especially good for something like that. If you take my advice, then notice: nail damage: nil.

I don't have one of those things. People give me this weird look. You don't have a cell phone??? You have no mobile means of being plugged in, every waking minute??? That is so very weird.

Ya.

What's with wanting to take the back off one? Is there a prize inside or something? Maybe like the little plastic toys that used to be in CrackerJacks candied popcorn? Find the whistle? But mobile phones...that's talking high-tech, so...maybe it's more like...a free lifetime of mobile service, if you find one of the little golden tickets...inside your cell phone.

???

Clue me in, please. What's up with prying the back off them? Don't tell me to replace a battery, 'cause that would mean you bought a really cheap one.
Right on, Rod! I can remember going to the doctor's office and asking them if they had a website or email address and getting stared at like I had beamed in from a distant planet!

My wife had to drag me kicking and screaming in to a cell phone store way back when there weren't so-called smartphones. Now I just use Skype for everything now as I have poor/no cell reception where I live.

Long Live the Rotary Phone!

-DF
Ok, so for those of you still living in the dark ages or who don't (can't? :) ) use a modern mobile phone, there are several reasons why you have to take the back off.
1. To put the Sim card in.
2. To put a memory card in some phones.
3. Did you ever have to unplug a piece of equipment to kick-start it? With a mobile phone you have to take the battery out. Guess where the battery is? That's right, inside and you have to take the back off!
4. To register the phone with either the manufacturer or your service provider you need an IME Code, which is usually underneath the battery.
5. If you ask for tech help or information from your provider or manufacturer, they also ask for the IME Code. They now use this as a security question.
You try getting the back off without breaking nails when someone is waiting on the other end of the phone.
None of them come off in the same way, it's usually a case of digging out the manual or finding a video on Youtube. Even then it isn't easy.
Some people do actually need a mobile phone (maybe for their job) so why not have an up to date one?
JMHO :D

Rod, I don't have a television, now that really gets weird looks. :lol:
DaddyFish wrote: Long Live the Rotary Phone!

Rotary? LOL. Thanks for the laugh, DF. Right...they used to have roulette-wheel dialers. Just spin the wheel to call someone! How nice that you still use one of those. LOL

I have only a landline, but it's touch-tone. You've made me feel nostalgic. :-)
gwynnie wrote: Ok, so for those of you still living in the dark ages...

I'm not quite that bad. :-)

Thank you for the detailed explanation, Gwynnie. Sounds like engineering degree required. Or much patience. Or both. :-)

No TV - that's not weird at all, given how much garbage those things pump. I generally avoid any channel that has advertising. That makes it very easy to pick a channel. Only a few choices then. Most of them...it's like visiting a garbage dump. One or two visits...one is kinda all 'topped up' on dumps. Unless one is a collector...a garbage dump connoisseur...well acquainted with the goodies section. Which generally isn't where the seagulls hang.

The thing is...certain ingenious people have learned how to turn garbage into money. And guess whose money? Consumers. They pay for all the advertising, in the price they pay for the product. So it's like...you pay a media garbage fee to get something. Good deal!

I don't even know what a Sim card is. This is not asking for an explanation. Just saying. :-)

Some day I may have reason to acquire a cell phone. COUGH. Like maybe some day I will take up golf. Alas, I have shot all my balls into the woods...nothing left to hit...then it will come to me. Oh yeah...I have a cell phone. Carefully balance it on a tee, then...wack! Dang...lost that too. Then I would be overcome by a puzzled feeling. How come I keep losing my cell phone?
gwynnie wrote: Ok, so for those of you still living in the dark ages or who don't (can't? :) ) use a modern mobile phone, there are several reasons why you have to take the back off.
1. To put the Sim card in.
2. To put a memory card in some phones.
3. Did you ever have to unplug a piece of equipment to kick-start it? With a mobile phone you have to take the battery out. Guess where the battery is? That's right, inside and you have to take the back off!
4. To register the phone with either the manufacturer or your service provider you need an IME Code, which is usually underneath the battery.
5. If you ask for tech help or information from your provider or manufacturer, they also ask for the IME Code. They now use this as a security question.

I have a Proctologist that has access to my backside, if needed. And no broken fingernails.:lol:

-DF
You have a great sense of humour Rod. :lol: Maybe too much info but a Sim card is: 'a smart card inside a mobile phone, carrying an identification number unique to the owner, storing personal data, and preventing operation if removed.'

DF, don't worry about it, most people wouldn't want to touch your backside with a barge pole. :lol: :lol: :lol:

-DF
gwynnie wrote: You have a great sense of humour Rod. :lol:

I neglected to add...how come I keep losing my balls???
One of your more obscure posts Rod :roll: I sincerely hope you mean golf balls :lol:
Those nails looked chewed Gwynnie.  Hope you find your balls Rod__. Now had you said you keep losing your marbles I would have known where they are. I have been losing mine also and I think I know where they are hanging out.