Name of the favourite place: Blarney Castle, Ireland
Why I chose it? What made it so special?:
The village of Blarney in County Cork, Ireland, is home to Blarney Castle, and in the southern wall the famous Blarney Stone. Legend has it that anyone who kisses the Blarney Stone will gain the gift of skillful flattery, but that gift must be attained at the price of some limber maneuvering - you have to lie down and hang your head over a precipice to reach and kiss the stone. One story claims the word blarney gained popularity as a word for flattery after Queen Elizabeth I of England used it to describe the flowery (but apparently less than honest) cajolery of McCarthy, who was then the lord of Blarney Castle.

Name of the „dream” place: Ballycarbery Castle, Ireland
Why I think it’s worth to see?:
Located in an area known as "over the water" by the locals in Cahirciveen, situated near the waters edge you will see the remains of Ballycarbery Castle. This impressive looking castle with it's ivy covered tower house was once home to the McCarthy Clan and built sometime in the 15th century. It is probably the largest and most impressive castle built on the peninsula of Iveragh and is still very breathtaking from a distance. You will not find any gates or signs or paths into the castle and as the state has forgotten about it, entrance is free.

Place: Bermuda

Why: Beautiful beaches, clear water, sunshine, nightlife and world class golf course beside the ocean.
bermuda.jpg
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
Name of the favourite place: Banana Bay Resort and Marina, Marathon Key, Florida
Marathon.jpg

Why I chose it? What made it so special?: In the middle of the Keys most unsuspecting tourists just drive right through – which is why it is the best Key. Wonderful resort and Tiki bar to watch the sun go down with a beverage of choice, or sit on the water's edge and watch the fish and lobsters.

Then sit back and have some dinner:

Cheeseburger in paradise
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice to get a
Cheeseburger in paradise
I need a cheeseburger in paradise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise
Rocky Mountaineer Train Ride

The Rocky Mountaineer train is the only luxurious way to travel during the day, by rail, through the Canadian Rockies and across Western Canada. The train operates from April through until October.

https://www.rockymountaineer.com/

https://rockymountainholidays.com/rocky-mountaineer-holidays.html
Panama have been gone twice 4 weeks and 3 weeks

Going back 2019

http://www.golfworldresorts.com/north-a ... ub.37.html
The Ghan

The Ghan is an Australian passenger train service between Adelaide, Alice Springs and Darwin on the Adelaide–Darwin railway. Operated by Great Southern Rail, it takes 54 hours to travel the 2,979 kilometres with a four-hour stopover in Alice Springs.

https://www.greatsouthernrail.com.au/fares-and-timetables
Name of the favourite place: Rhodes
Rhodes is one of the largest Greek Islands, where the Aegean meets the Middle East. Eye-catching landscape with generous natural beauty, a rich history and endless attractions make Rhodes one of the most popular holiday destinations in Greece. This beautiful mosaic of cultures is popular since the Roman ages. Travel to the island of knights, the island of the mythical Colossus of Rhodes, the island where Byzantines, Greeks, Venetians, and Turks all left something to remember them by. Don’t miss the Old Town, the Palace of the Grand Masters, Street of the Knights, Colossus of Rhodes, Valley of the Butterflies, traditional villages and lovely beaches. Although no traces of the statue remain, it is said that the Colossus of Rhodes (one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World) once stood in place of the statues of deer now at the harbour. According to the stories, ships sailed beneath its giant legs and every night the passage was closed with an enormous chain.

Valley of the Butterflies: In a lush, green canyon, about 1km wide, there is a unique forest with zities, trees that look like planes. The smell of the nectar attracts millions of orange dotted butterflies. Tread carefully so as not to scare these miraculous little angels away!

Name of the „dream” place: Azores
The Azores islands are consistently ranked as one of the best, most sustainable, and most affordable island travel destinations in Europe. Located between Europe and North America. From the bigger islands of Sao Miguel, Pico and Terceira to the smaller islands of Flores and Faial the natural beauty, uniqueness of scenery, and cultural variety, will leave you breathless and longing to come back. When you arrive will be touched by the sapphire blue and emerald green lakes, fertile prairies, volcanic cones and craters, colorful hydrangeas and azaleas, 15th century churches, and majestic manor houses. This legendary land, consisting of nine poetically-named islands, enjoys year-round mild temperatures (between 14°C and 22°C–57°F and 71°F) and is a peaceful shelter with a population of 250000 inhabitants, for whom the words “stress” and “pollution” are unheard.
Regional Gastronomy:
Cozido das furnas (stew made in the hot springs)
Rumpsteaks
Octopus stewed in wine
Barnacles and limpets
Cheeses
Wines: Vinho de cheiro, verdelho and liqueurs

Let's make a cheeseburger in Paradise JustGold! :D 8)

Name of the favourite place: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Since Hungary is landlocked, Lake Balaton is often affectionately called the "Hungarian Sea". This nickname isn't far from the truth the place was once covered by the ancient Pannonian Sea (around 10 million years ago). Lakeshore villas and resorts began to appear in the 18th century, primarily catering to the wealthy. In the 20th century, as more and more people discovered this hidden gem, many resorts and cottages were built in the area. Today, millions of people come here every summer to enjoy the warm water. The 50-mile long lake with silky green-yellow water in the middle of Transdanubia is one of Hungary's most precious treasures and most frequented resorts. It is also the largest lake in Central Europe.
The summer water temperature is around 80 °F, which is warmer than the average air temperature in the morning and in the evening.

Name of the „dream” place: Green Lake, Austria
Grüner See, or Green Lake, is one of Austria’s most beautiful lakes around two hours west of Vienna. The lake is quite unique as every year it gets filled up with water that melts from the mountains and flows into the lake, and can reach up to a depth of around 11 meters. The reason why this lake is so beautiful is partly due to its colour which is a luscious turquoise unlike any I’ve seen before. Visiting Grüner See makes for a wonderful and scenic getaway. It is a quiet destination and in the past when the water level was at it’s highest people used to dive below the water. This is no longer allowed as a way of preserving and protecting the lake. To enjoy the lake I suggest just relaxing there and also walk around the outskirts. Walking the outskirts may take around an hour depending on your speed, or quicker if you go fast.

Gibraltar: beautiful scenery with Spain close by. Friendly people, so much to see and enjoy.
Gibraltar.jpg
Oh Gibraltar, how nice. Quickly made a virtual tour. :lol:
Who wants too?

Gibraltar Travel Guide - Must-See Attractions
Great virtual tour of Gibraltar! Thank you
Name of the favourite place: Istanbul, Turkey
Istanbul is a truly magnificent city standing between the East and the West that wears its cultures and history well, blending them into an exciting city that has much to offer for the travelers from around the world. Founded during Neolithic times, Istanbul today is a modern city that remains true to its historic heritage through its mosques, basilicas and cathedrals, and ancient bazaars.
Worth to visit: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, Suleymaniye Mosque, Galata Tower and many other places.

Name of the „dream” place: St. Petersburg, Russia
From the mysterious twilight of the White Nights to world-beating opera and ballet productions on magical winter evenings, St. Petersburg charms and entices in every season. In fact, there are more than enough to see and do in St. Petersburg to keep visitors entertained for weeks or even months. One of the biggest challenges for independent travelers is to work out what they will actually have time to fit in to their itinerary, particularly as St. Petersburg is one of Europe's largest cities, with the historical centre alone covering several square km and some of the most famous attractions located far out in the suburbs. Undoubtedly St. Petersburg's most famous visitor attraction, and universally acknowledged as one of the world's greatest treasuries of art and antiquities, the Hermitage is a name to be conjured with, and reason enough on its own for many travelers to book a trip to St. Petersburg.

halstatt.jpg
Hallstatt is a village on Lake Hallstatt's western shore in Austria's mountainous Salzkammergut region. Its 16th-century Alpine houses and alleyways are home to cafes and shops. A funicular railway connects to Salzwelten, an ancient salt mine with a subterranean salt lake, and to Skywalk Hallstatt viewing platform. A trail leads to the Echern Valley glacier garden with glacial potholes and Waldbachstrub Waterfall.
Name of the favourite place: Zakopane, Poland
Zakopane is a popular ski destination. Known as "Poland’s Winter Capital", this picturesque place features traditional architecture, breathtaking landscapes and a great base for hiking in the area. The town is nestled right next to the Tatra National Park. Many guests limit their visit to walking on the town main streets, trying the local smoked cheese or tasting a glass of Mulled wine. Old wooden houses, typical for Zakopane region in the 19th century, are located in the old part of the town.
Oscypek is a delicious smoked sheep’s milk cheese. It is a local staple and you will find stands selling the stuff all over the town of Zakopane and various other mountain lodges throughout the region. The recipe is strictly followed and dates back to the 14th century.
Hot Mulled wine, or grzaniec galicyjski, is prevalent throughout the mountains. When the temperatures drop, it’s perfect to warm you on those cool fall evenings. Locals will eat and drink late into the evening after a long day in the mountains. If mulled wine is too sweet, maybe a few shots of Polish vodka will add a kick.

Name of the „dream” place: Lauterbrunnen Valley, Switzerland
Lauterbrunnen is situated in one of the most impressive trough valleys in the Alps, between gigantic rock faces and mountain peaks. With its 72 thundering waterfalls, secluded valleys, colourful alpine meadows and lonely mountain inns, the Lauterbrunnen Valley is one of the biggest nature conservation areas in Switzerland. Simply breathtaking.

Most Beautiful Train Ride in the World | Lauterbrunnen to Jungfrau
Name of the favourite place: Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
The beauty of the Cliffs of Moher is that they offer us a totally multi-faceted experience of Ireland’s incredible west coast – as much a historical landmark as they are a geographical wonder, conservation hotspot and area of immense natural richness and importance.

Name of the „dream” place: Lake Morskie Oko, Poland
Lake Morskie Oko, or the ‘Eye of the Sea’, is the largest in the Tatras at 862 meters in length, and it will require a bus ride to the base of the trail. From there, it’s about a two-hour walk through the area’s impressive permaculture. The payoff? One of the most beautiful lakes in the world. You might have seen pictures of this famed lake on the Internet, and they look so unreal, like they belonged on the front of a puzzle box, but they are more than real, and totally worth the visit, not matter the time of year.